YD Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YD Australia Employee Reviews

YD is a very engaging company where you are involved in achieving KPI's to improve the performance of the business. The management is well structured and always willing to train to improve performance of individuals.
Standard pay for casual pays really well (strong security) if you have the hours. You have to be a competitive and multi-tasking worker to attain those hours.
Sometimes they make you stay back at work after your shift has ended, the maximum time i had to stay back to "clean" and count the till cash is 40 minutes unpaid work. theres also no cameras in the store (only fake ones) so if anything happens to you as an employee theres no video evidence. which makes you feel unsafe especially when youre on the floor alone and everyone else is on their break outside the store they do not praise you for exceeding your target sales KPS, infact they raise it even higher for the next week that you come in (Example: My target sales is $1.2k per shift which is unreleastic since theres not that many customers in the store to buy anything to begin with.... but even if you exceed $1.5k they dont congratulate you, they just raise the stakes higher making it more stressful for you) management will force you to be a pushy salesman which can be uncomfortable for those who dont want to come off that way.
Pros
Some employees are easy to work with, its usually in shopping centres so its close to foods/drinks when youre on break
Cons
management is pushy and unrealistic
No one day is the same, everyday at YD is a different day from the customers that come in to the in-store task the team go through to make sure Merchandise levels are high and customers are taken care of.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low hour allocation during down time
When I was working at Yd. I was currently the youngest employee, which was a little daunting; however, everyone there was very kind and welcoming and I have remained friends with them since living.
Pros
60% off stock
Cons
constantly on your feet.
I am currently employed at Yd. (South Wharf DFO, 20 Convention Centre Pl.) and have been there since late October 2016 as a Christmas casual. When I started, I was unfamiliar with the concept of KPI’s and understanding customer needs. Even though I was at Ozmosis for a while, I was inexperienced in the field of retail. Since I started, until now, I continue to grow and develop my customer service skills, maintain high KPI’s, and knowing how to read and understand the needs of a customer. Keeping a positive vibe and energy at work is very important to me because it affects all aspects of a workplace including a customer’s experience, work ethic and mood of all the staff in store as well. The hardest part of my job was having to deal with unprofessional competitiveness by other team members. This frustrated me because I work very hard and for someone to intentionally create a negative and uncomfortable work environment for someone else is in no way professional and also affected the vibes in store and affected sales. It not only affected that, it also affected my work ethic, and mood.
Pros
Easy to sell product due to it being a DFO
Cons
Over competitive vibes given from other team members
fun place to work, just need to stand your ground and have a personal life as well, long hours and daily stress even on a day off, great customer energy and fun to see new styles
Pros
great fashion
Cons
long hours can be stressful
- My typical day at work was simple, serve customers and do the stock - I've learned so many things from YD, like always respect everyone, how to use a cash register, how to greet people in a professional way and how to unload stock. - The management and co workers are great people to work with as we all get along great. - Hardest part of my job is dressing the manikins. - The most enjoyable part of my job is that i can have a laugh with the fellow team and customers.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
not enough hours