YD Australia Employee Reviews

More cons than pros
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC7 May 2019
Sometimes they make you stay back at work after your shift has ended, the maximum time i had to stay back to "clean" and count the till cash is 40 minutes unpaid work.

theres also no cameras in the store (only fake ones) so if anything happens to you as an employee theres no video evidence.
which makes you feel unsafe especially when youre on the floor alone and everyone else is on their break outside the store

they do not praise you for exceeding your target sales KPS, infact they raise it even higher for the next week that you come in (Example: My target sales is $1.2k per shift which is unreleastic since theres not that many customers in the store to buy anything to begin with.... but even if you exceed $1.5k they dont congratulate you, they just raise the stakes higher making it more stressful for you)

management will force you to be a pushy salesman which can be uncomfortable for those who dont want to come off that way.
Pros
Some employees are easy to work with, its usually in shopping centres so its close to foods/drinks when youre on break
Cons
management is pushy and unrealistic
Very fun, friendly and inclusive work environment
Sales Assistance (Current Employee) –  Western Australia25 January 2019
No one day is the same, everyday at YD is a different day from the customers that come in to the in-store task the team go through to make sure Merchandise levels are high and customers are taken care of.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Low hour allocation during down time
great job culture
Casual Retail Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Robina Town Centre QLD13 October 2018
When I was working at Yd. I was currently the youngest employee, which was a little daunting; however, everyone there was very kind and welcoming and I have remained friends with them since living.
Pros
60% off stock
Cons
constantly on your feet.
fun place
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  AU19 May 2017
fun place to work, just need to stand your ground and have a personal life as well, long hours and daily stress even on a day off, great customer energy and fun to see new styles
Pros
great fashion
Cons
long hours can be stressful
Great Workplace to gain confidence and experience
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NSW31 May 2015
- My typical day at work was simple, serve customers and do the stock
- I've learned so many things from YD, like always respect everyone, how to use a cash register, how to greet people in a professional way and how to unload stock.
- The management and co workers are great people to work with as we all get along great.
- Hardest part of my job is dressing the manikins.
- The most enjoyable part of my job is that i can have a laugh with the fellow team and customers.
Pros
Great team environment
Cons
not enough hours