Yellow Cab Company
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Yellow Cab Company Employee Reviews

Australia20 reviews
Taxi driving is very enjoyable because you get to meet a lot of interesting people. But you are required to work long hours - 12-16 hours a shift to make a reasonable amount of money, and if you're driving for someone else, you only keep half of it, so it works out to be very low pay, especially if you only work day shift.

However, 13cabs is the best taxi company to work for, as their policies and procedures are sound, their training is good, and they have the best reputation of cab companies in Brisbane.
Pros
Work whatever area you want, which days you want
Cons
long hours, low pay
It was great experience with such a wonderful people. Management was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommended. When u need them they always there.
Tough organisation to work for. For the most minor of customer complaints, drivers can have their access to Yellow Cabs computer system suspended until they answer the complaint accusations in person at Yellow Cabs main base.

Most days you need to be ready and on the road by 4 am or face little chance of getting a job to the airport.
Pros
Freedom as to what parts of the city to worl in
Cons
Long hours and little in earnings
Management and supervisors demonstrate a lack of education, profound ignorance, redneck behavior. You will never gain respect or gain a harmonious work place when u yell, scream and humiliate employees.
I stayed for one week and got out fast. I knew why upper management was not intervening and taking action on bullying... If upper management demonstrate a redneck mentality hand in hand with a startlingly obvious poor education, well the writing is on the wall. The appalling behavior of upper and middle management is deemed acceptable. I quickly learnt yellow cabs has a history of work place bullying.

There is ample evidence of desensetisation and chances of the behavior continuing rate high on the redneck leader board. Its going to take a change of management (or a social miracle) to break the chain...
Pros
Cheap entertainment from redneck management
Cons
I witnessed severe work place bullying from management
A most typical day at work is that it can start out being very busy for a few hours then it slows down, sometimes really slow until the end of the shift. There are times that it picks up work again just as you are about to finish your shift. Many other times it can be very busy from the start to the end of the shift. This gives you the experience on how it is like being self-employed. Management is very helpfull in providing you a modern, very well maintained vehicle with the most current state of the art technology you need in a business. Lately, it is now full of other kinds of people coming from different sorts of backgrounds that are gaining self employment skills. What could be one of the most challenging part in doing it is the accounting part of it. You should make sure that you get the right numbers all the time and make sure you get it, not waste it because it all has to do with putting the pay in, in and reporting a Business Activity Statements of your choice and Lastly, personal income tax or a Pay as you go statement if they find that you are required to.
Pros
Free Barbeques, You earn points from your Pay in, which you can use the points to get you uniforms and other things you need for working.
Cons
12 hours shift. 16 hours shifts
A typical day is allocating cabs to drivers, being abused verbally by drivers and management.
Cleaning yard , bookibg cars in for service and repairs.
Pros
Working by myself for the most part.
Cons
Immediate leave without notice.
It was great opputunity working with yellow cabs , great and flexible pay rates ,lovely customers to deal with with smile on my face , always welcome
Pros
pay
Cons
The business was hard and some what fair. The regional office I worked from at Capalaba was fantastic. Good people and great to work with.
Great way to learn the roads in a new country, earn a living and make some genuine friendships.
the environment was very positive and friendly. co workers very co operative. have learned a lot. paid well and on time. discount for employees . very hygienic workplace
Pros
discounted food
Cons
good to work enhance your communication skill, best opportunity to earn good income, you have chance to explore new area around the city and a chance to meet different type of personalities.
Very nice working environment
Supportive staff

Nice wages

Learned a lot of new things working there

Flexible working with shifts

Made a lot of new friends
Pros
Free tea, coffe
A typical night shift on weekends involves a 12 hour shift for very little return.
You need to be very open minded and not easily offended. I personally love cab driving for the variety of people that I meet. I also love being available to help people, especially the younger ones. It's very satisfying knowing that I have helped a young person in times of distress.

The hardest part of the job is coping with somebody who has had their drink spiked.

It would be my ideal job if the bottom hadn't fallen out of the industry.

The biggest lesson that I have learned through the job is that the world is full of so many different types of weird and wonderful people.
Pros
Meeting and helping people, flexible shifts, freedom
Cons
Long hours, below minimum wage, have to pay your own taxes and super
had fun met lots of people worked days I wanted and got on well with owners and taxi base and he was helpful if you needed any help and never had problems with any body
Pros
met good people
Would not recommend to anyone as I feel this is a job for semi retired or part time employment only.Twelve hour days with a lot of down time.Drivers are working against each other to improve personal income.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
long hours low income
I did Taxi driving for 5 months before moving into a Security role running the Taxi Rank. I enjoyed both jobs and got to meet a lot of interesting people.
Pros
Every customer has a story
Cons
the pay is only commision based and you have to do your own tax.
A great job for flexibility and work/life balance. I worked for really good, honest, and fair owners who made the job a treat.
Pros
great flexibility
Cons
long hours for little in return
A typical day at the moment is driving a mini bus and doing the morning and afternoon school run picking up 7 primary school children from their homes to school and return in the afternoon
Management contacted drivers fairly regularly to see how they were going if they hadn't heard from you for a while ie. days not minutes. The management made it easy to want to turn up for work. We were one big happy family, no one really talked bad of anyone else.
Pros
you can go anywhere you like.
Cons
long hours/little pay
Was a great place to work and pay rate at the time was great, the hours were not great but that was one of the cons for being in the industry that never slept. I enjoyed the diverse range of people that I dealt with on the phone and how their requests and needs were constantly different.
Pros
Above award pay
Cons
24/7 roster
sitting in car for 7 or 8 hrs a day waiting for work. 3 to 4 hrs a day driving passengers to where they need to go.
Some days it hard job when dealing with angry drunken people with everyone is out to rip them off. So it comes back onto us as drivers to try to deal and change this, frankly not easy sometimes to do that. Other days it great as most people are great to deal with and to chat with along the journey.
Pros
get to meet many different people some very nice.
Cons
long hours some days for very little work completed