YMCA Employee Reviews

Super chill vibe and friendly people
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT9 April 2018
YMCA NSW is a super fun and friendly group of people. Everyone is always super nice and willing to lend a hand and help out in any way possible. The workplace itself is a very supportive, stimulating and motivating environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Repetitive
Good place to volunteer
Volunteering at the Connect Camp (Former Employee) –  Carlton VIC5 March 2018
The ymca is a great place to volunteer, the environment and other people are wonderful. there is also the potential to progress into a paid position. I would highly reccommend.
challenging
CAFÉ MANAGER, CRECHE WORKER OSHC SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Byford WA4 March 2018
I enjoy working with the children as there is something different everyday. The management and staff are easy to get on with . I have a good rapport with the children and parents
Pros
the children
Cons
ammount of paperwork
Productive workpace
Childcare Assistant (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT18 February 2018
It was a brilliant place to work it was just a very dramatic environment, i was put in a room where i wasn't comfortable in (coworker didn't like me and made it known) wasn't allowed to change rooms. The Centre offered a lot of good resources and the times were great.
Ymca
Senior Case Manager/Youth Worker (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT17 February 2018
Great manager who was open to suggestions and willing to listen. Made a lot of progress with such an open mind. A wonderful team to work with along with interesting clientele.
Worst place I've worked
Vacation Care Educator (Former Employee) –  Palmerston NT27 January 2018
The most disorganised company I have ever worked in.

Without going into too much detail; typical day at work consisted of all staff having no idea what they were supposed to be doing at any given time which constantly resulted in children being bored and restless.
Management was an absolute joke, my colleagues and I were unknowingly having our pay docked for breaks that we were not given. I was being taxed 25% per pay when I only signed an agreement of 10% tax to be deducted.

The only enjoyable part of the job was working with the wonderful children.
working helping my mum
Activities Assistant (Former Employee) –  Craigmore SA10 January 2018
i didn't work at the YMCA my mum did in the school holidays i was a teenager when she worked here. the YMCA looks after children in the school holidays. both with or without a disability my mum use to work with children with disability's and had great fun doing ti she use to love working there and with the children and other staff to it was a fun place to be
Pros
good work mates
Fantastic learning
Encore Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 January 2018
Training and self development always supported when needed. Training provided immediately. Allowed you to work autonomously, but still being part of a team.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
Long drive to work
Was a great stepping stone
OSHC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arncliffe NSW26 November 2017
I believe the YMCA helped me to gain experience working with children and writing programs for management. I also gained experience in running a school wide gymnastics program.
Pros
Experience working with kids
Great place
Child Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Gungahlin ACT21 November 2017
Since I have worked at YMCA I have enjoy it, Educators have been helping me learn the new rules and polices as this centre is completely different to my last centre. Learnt the different way on how they run the centre, as well as the different paper work. Management has been great and understanding, Ive been able to go into the office to ask questions and they have been helpful. Hardest part of the job is still not knowing all the policies where at my last centre I knew all of them basically off by heart but I know it will just take time. Enjoyable part is Staff are great and friendly as well as being very multicultural which I love, the families have been great to get to know.
Pros
Get relationships with Educators
Basket case
Operations manager -Hunter region (Former Employee) –  Hunter Valley NSW21 November 2017
The company no longer lives by its values. The CEO and board members have destroyed the company from the top down. Very poor remuneration for high expectations and a use and abuse culture.
Pros
Helping the community
Cons
Long hours poor pay
hard job but extremely fun and different
Maintenance Assistant, Land scaping (Former Employee) –  mt Evelyn14 November 2017
since i was laboring it was difficult but really enjoyable since the people are so nice, i learned how to take care of a work environment and how to work with other people, the management there is excellent and very professional, its such a different environment and exciting as its not like an office job, it was hard work physically but rally fun overall.
Pros
good pay
Cons
hard work
Leading Community Services entity
Interim Chief Executive Officer (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT7 November 2017
YMCA of the Northern Territory is an exciting place to work with fantastic staff and a strong reach into the community. I rate this role as one of the most exciting roles I've held.
Pros
Great organisational culture
Cons
Short-term contract based in the NT
Poor working conditions. Antiquated systems.
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA24 October 2017
At the time I worked at the YMCA of SA employees were subject to a fear culture which was instigated by the head of the organisation at the time. There was little to no appreciation given to those employees that put in the extra effort. I must stress that this was back in 2013 and I trust that there has been a change in the organisation's culture.
A very young staff crew that is very cohesive.
Childcare Educator - Vacation Care (Current Employee) –  Warnbro Community Y24 October 2017
A company that is very flexible with working hours, able to change and adapt based on your current timetable.
A very young staff pool with lots of energy and relevant humour to boost the overall groups moral.
typical day of work
Casual Educator (Former Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW11 October 2017
Worked with 5-12 year olds providing meals and activities.
Provided care and support for those students who needed it. however there was no management support
Netball umpire
Netball Umpire (Current Employee) –  Pakenham VIC27 September 2017
Netball Umpire, enjoyable and fun. Friendly and helpful staff. Sometimes it was hard with people abusing the umpires however this only occurs when people dont understand the rules.
Rewarding
RECREATION REGIONAL MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Parramatta NSW24 August 2017
An organisation doing incredible work in the community. A career where you will see the impact of your hard work and dedication. Great operational staff culture.
Pretty good work
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Portland VIC13 August 2017
It's decent pay if you're a casual like i was, unfourtunantly i wasn't given enough time during the week to show my full potential as i was only rostered on once a fortnight. Lovely ladies to work with in the OSHC sector.
Project Officer, Ikon Park Redevelopment (Former Employee) –  Melbourne11 August 2017
It was a great place to work and I deeply resent being forced to do this review. It should be optional, if you want to find out about YMCA< go work there .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at YMCA. Our community is ready to answer.

59.1K