YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Be careful

I had the opportunity to work with some great people during my time with the Y. Unfortunately, fundamental misunderstandings between my hiring supervisor and I led me to leave this job rather quickly. Both verbally and in writing, I was told what I would be earning to personal train and coach/monitor gym members in Columbus corporate locations. Yet, after working for several weeks and reviewing my first paycheck, I noticed I was earning significantly less per hour. My supervisor did not correct this, but instead, informed me the Y was unable to pay what was agreed upon during the hiring process. What a bummer!

Productive and fun place to work

Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

Short shifts

Terrific Employer

I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.

Pros

Training and support

Cons

Ordering new uniform takes time

ELT needs a new look

The board really need to take over and get control of the business .It can really be a great place to work . The recreation part of the business are the best. The rest of the business has no idea and need to be all moved on and a fresh new team needs to take control . All the good ELT have left because they were smart .
  • YMCA