YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Fast paced environment, engaging, OSHC services, BSC, ASC, VACATION CARE

13 March 2020
Very fast paced environment at the service. Every service is different which I found refreshing as every centre's environment is set up differently aesthetically and visually based on children's interests. Team of staff that I worked with at various YMCA services were very collaborative, engaging and creative who were very happy to share their knowledge and experience. I gained more self confidence in dealing with the administration side of things and delegating tasks to other staff and and building relationships. I thoroughly enjoyed Vacation Care as staff would share new places and activities for the children to participate in, families and children also collaborated with these ideas.
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
As a casual qualified I wasn't guaranteed shifts, very competitive amongst casual staff in finding work.
7 December 2020
Swimming Instructor / kids Party (Current Employee) - Hayborough SA
Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Short shifts
9 October 2020
Educator (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Ordering new uniform takes time
1 September 2020
N/A (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
The board really need to take over and get control of the business .It can really be a great place to work . The recreation part of the business are the best. The rest of the business has no idea and need to be all moved on and a fresh new team needs to take control . All the good ELT have left because they were smart .
  1. Fast paced environment, engaging, OSHC services, BSC, ASC, VACATION CARE