YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Fun working place

During my time as a youth worker, my role involved working with students of the YMCA peer mentor support program and guiding them throughout their studies. As a mentor I was assigned multiple students to support them and help guide and motivate them with regards to their studies and their desired careers outside of high school. From this, I was able to professionally improve on my ability to build rapport with students whilst gaining hands-on experience around working with young adolescents.

Same role

Working as a volunteer

Greatest place to give back to the community knowing full well what it entails. Great place to be and loved every minute of it. I worked as an unpaid volunteer and would love the opportunity to work there for a career.
Same role

Positive environment with good people

YMCA Katherine was such a great place to have worked at. The other staff members were very outgoing and easy to get along with. The typical day of working for YMCA consisted of organising and planning recreational activities for the community especially for the indigenous youth. I learnt how to adapt to the different people in both the community and work.

Pros

Travelling, Meeting new people, Sports, BBQs

Cons

Long hours, Rude manager
Same location

Amazing company, keeping you proactive and responsive

Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.

Pros

Amazing staff to work with

Cons

Volunteer work- no pay
  • YMCA