YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Great place

21 November 2017
Since I have worked at YMCA I have enjoy it, Educators have been helping me learn the new rules and polices as this centre is completely different to my last centre. Learnt the different way on how they run the centre, as well as the different paper work. Management has been great and understanding, Ive been able to go into the office to ask questions and they have been helpful. Hardest part of the job is still not knowing all the policies where at my last centre I knew all of them basically off by heart but I know it will just take time. Enjoyable part is Staff are great and friendly as well as being very multicultural which I love, the families have been great to get to know.
Pros
Get relationships with Educators
28 May 2020
Same role
Childcare Educator (Former Employee) - Various locations around Perth
I enjoyed working for YMCA there was a lot of activities to keep the children engaged especially the outings. The staff were very supportive and helpful. Training was available in areas important to children's well-being.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Hours vary according to ratios of Educators to children
23 March 2020
Same role
Childcare Worker (Former Employee) - Falcon WA
Always wanting you to work extra hours for no pay. Or out of work hours for no pay to promote the YMCA. Not for profit. Not yours anyway. Staff very nasty and back stabbing. Tell lies to get you in trouble.
29 August 2020
Same location
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) - Gungahlin ACT
I started with the Y when I was fairly young and didn’t know much about business, you could say I was naive. My only passion was teaching children to swim and I honestly loved teaching the kids. Management left much to be desired and often we were short staffed, meaning less staff to do more tasks; I would leave feeling: cold, exhausted and frustrated. Management constantly bullied staff that they didn’t like and I found the environment toxic and fake. Overall I was so much happier once I left and I would strongly encourage others to think twice before commencing employement.
Pros
Cons
Cold water, constantly sick, management don’t care