YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Great work place with a family environment

5 April 2012
I have worked at the YMCA For 10 yrs. During this time I have been totally supported by management in all I do. I have been given countless opportunities in various roles. As well as being given many opportunities to further my education in the fields I have worked in.The best part of my jobs at this centre has been working with children. Educating them, watching them learn and grow in a happy health and fitness environment.
Pros
being able to work on my own fitness at work.
23 June 2020
Same role
Volunteer Assistant Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) - Brisbane QLD
Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.
Pros
Amazing staff to work with
Cons
Volunteer work- no pay
29 March 2020
Same role
Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) - Berwick VIC
YMCA is a brilliant place to work if you are all about a proactive attitude, you are passionate about helping others, and you continually strive to improve. Working collaboratively with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to take on board honest feedback will make you perfect for working at the Y.
6 March 2020
Same roleSame location
Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) - Forster NSW
Loved working for the YMCA in its family environment . Encouraging management, and I was always offered more training while working for them. Would love to work for them again
Pros
Encouraging environment
Cons
Not enough staff at times
  1. Great work place with a family environment