YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Life at the YMCA

7 August 2015
Working in a limited hours care environment I face new and different challenges every day. With supportive and close knit staff I learn new activities and observe new experiences every day and it never ceases to amaze me the changes I see in the children I have every day.
13 June 2020
Same role
Childhood Educator (Former Employee) - Sunshine Coast QLD
Some policies make you feel belittled, not trusted to do the right thing, little recognition or none. Parents started leaving soon after YMCA took over so numbers dropped and staff received less hours. At interview you were made to feel there was opportunities for training or other job positions this was not evident to me after employment.
Pros
Can not think of any
25 March 2017
Same role
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee) - Falcon, Mandurah.WA 6210
Working with Children to educate them on daily routines are consistent and constant. Time management is a key role to keeping the young ones happy whilst still enjoying a well planned day.
Pros
Worked 5hrs daily spent the rest of the afternoon helping and educating my own children.
Cons
Low earning income
25 March 2015
Same location
Cleaner (Former Employee) - Ballarat VIC
I worked at the YMCA for about 2 to 3 years, enjoyed working met nice people and new friends along the way, good pay and good hours etc