YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Love thé culture of helping people at YMCA

29 March 2020
YMCA is a brilliant place to work if you are all about a proactive attitude, you are passionate about helping others, and you continually strive to improve. Working collaboratively with others with a positive attitude and a willingness to take on board honest feedback will make you perfect for working at the Y.
23 June 2020
Volunteer Assistant Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) - Brisbane QLD
Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.
Pros
Amazing staff to work with
Cons
Volunteer work- no pay
6 March 2020
Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) - Forster NSW
Loved working for the YMCA in its family environment . Encouraging management, and I was always offered more training while working for them. Would love to work for them again
Pros
Encouraging environment
Cons
Not enough staff at times
11 February 2019
Bowen Hills Gymnastics Coach (Current Employee) - Bowen Hills QLD
Working at the YMCA as a gymnastics coach is extremely fun as I get to develop professional relationships with my students, co-workers and boss. Using my knowledge to better a gymnasts abilities is extremely rewarding. It is a friendly environment with a collective aim to improve. This makes the environment both focused and excited.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Lots of changes towards the end and beginning of each year
  1. Love thé culture of helping people at YMCA