YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

My Favourite Workplace!

Been teaching at a YMCA Managed centre for the past 6 years. As a group fitness instructor I also teach at other gym facilities and the Y where I teach, in my opinion, is by far the best place to work. It's all inclusive and the management actually take the time to get to know their staff. My boss has a rapport with his whole team like no-one I have seen before. It's a shame we may all not be working there anymore after a new management company is about to take over.

Pros

A happy place to work.

Cons

Have to provide my own disco lights

Same role

Productive workplace trying to get there name out there again.

Friendly staff and treat everyone equally which is great to see, could tell they cared about every client that walked in the door not just there money which was also great to see. Care is a big part in my world of fitness if there is no care involved your not doing it right.

Productive and fun place to work

Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

Short shifts

Terrific Employer

I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.

Pros

Training and support

Cons

Ordering new uniform takes time
  • YMCA
  • My Favourite Workplace!