YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Poor working conditions. Antiquated systems.

At the time I worked at the YMCA of SA employees were subject to a fear culture which was instigated by the head of the organisation at the time. There was little to no appreciation given to those employees that put in the extra effort. I must stress that this was back in 2013 and I trust that there has been a change in the organisation's culture.

Productive and fun place to work

Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work

Pros

Gym membership

Cons

Short shifts

Terrific Employer

I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.

Pros

Training and support

Cons

Ordering new uniform takes time

ELT needs a new look

The board really need to take over and get control of the business .It can really be a great place to work . The recreation part of the business are the best. The rest of the business has no idea and need to be all moved on and a fresh new team needs to take control . All the good ELT have left because they were smart .