YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Productive and fun environment to be in. create lasting friendships and people skills. Typical day included prepping for students arrival, engaging in fun activities with kids and supervising

Same role

Terrific Employer

I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.

Pros

Training and support

Cons

Ordering new uniform takes time
Same role

Productive and fun environment.

Morning shifts are easygoing and relaxed, whereas after shifts are a little more busier as the children are energised. The job includes preparing meals, setting up activities and interacting and engaging with children while maintaining a safe atmosphere.

Pros

Hanging out with children

Cons

Short hours
Same location

Amazing company, keeping you proactive and responsive

Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.

Pros

Amazing staff to work with

Cons

Volunteer work- no pay
  • YMCA
  • Productive and fun environment to be in. create lasting friendships and people skills