YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

26 November 2019
Worked at Portland YMCA and although started out to be an exciting newly created role after winning the local council tender for the second time, soon turned into the worst 8 years of my life. There is certainly no “community” at YMCA Portland.
13 August 2017
Same location
Child Care Worker (Former Employee) - Portland VIC
It's decent pay if you're a casual like i was, unfourtunantly i wasn't given enough time during the week to show my full potential as i was only rostered on once a fortnight. Lovely ladies to work with in the OSHC sector.
7 December 2020
Swimming Instructor / kids Party (Current Employee) - Hayborough SA
Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Short shifts
9 October 2020
Educator (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Ordering new uniform takes time
  1. Program Coordinator - Supervisor Health & Fitness; Aquatic Ed; Children Services