YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Rewarding experience

18 November 2019
As a support worker, I worked with disabled adults varying in age from early 30's to 60's. I would pick up clients and take them home on the bus. While at the Hove community centre we would engage in activities such as cooking, beading, singing and playing games. We went on several out of centre activities such as ten pin bowling, lunch at the Bay and visited a garden at another community centre. I enjoyed my role engaging in communication with the clients, serving them teas and coffees and generally trying to brighten up their day in a caring environment.
7 December 2020
Swimming Instructor / kids Party (Current Employee) - Hayborough SA
Enjoyed my time was offered different positions great friendly place to work very professional and organised place to work. Clean environment lovely canteen great staff team work
Pros
Gym membership
Cons
Short shifts
9 October 2020
Educator (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Ordering new uniform takes time
1 September 2020
N/A (Former Employee) - Parramatta NSW
The board really need to take over and get control of the business .It can really be a great place to work . The recreation part of the business are the best. The rest of the business has no idea and need to be all moved on and a fresh new team needs to take control . All the good ELT have left because they were smart .
  1. Rewarding experience