YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Working as a volunteer

Greatest place to give back to the community knowing full well what it entails. Great place to be and loved every minute of it. I worked as an unpaid volunteer and would love the opportunity to work there for a career.

Fun working place

During my time as a youth worker, my role involved working with students of the YMCA peer mentor support program and guiding them throughout their studies. As a mentor I was assigned multiple students to support them and help guide and motivate them with regards to their studies and their desired careers outside of high school. From this, I was able to professionally improve on my ability to build rapport with students whilst gaining hands-on experience around working with young adolescents.
Same role

Positive environment with good people

YMCA Katherine was such a great place to have worked at. The other staff members were very outgoing and easy to get along with. The typical day of working for YMCA consisted of organising and planning recreational activities for the community especially for the indigenous youth. I learnt how to adapt to the different people in both the community and work.

Pros

Travelling, Meeting new people, Sports, BBQs

Cons

Long hours, Rude manager

challenging and rewarding workplace

I am quite new to the work force, I have been a youth worker trainee for only a month, it is hard for me to be given an opportunity considering my lack of work experience. All I have is commitment and dedication to improve my life style and start developing a career. I do one day hope I can start work and really prove myself as I know I will be a great asset to any company because I am reliable, responsible, good problem solver, punctual and a quick learner. The team I have previously worked within was a good and trust worthy team that has shown great leadership to me. My most exciting part of the day would have to be, being able to work independently and showing my skills I have learnt so far.

Pros

The opportunity to work and weekend work

Cons

The experience
  • YMCA