YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
YMCA Employee Review

Worst place I've worked

27 January 2018
The most disorganised company I have ever worked in. Without going into too much detail; typical day at work consisted of all staff having no idea what they were supposed to be doing at any given time which constantly resulted in children being bored and restless. Management was an absolute joke, my colleagues and I were unknowingly having our pay docked for breaks that we were not given. I was being taxed 25% per pay when I only signed an agreement of 10% tax to be deducted. The only enjoyable part of the job was working with the wonderful children.
9 October 2020
Same role
Educator (Current Employee) - Central Coast NSW
I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.
Pros
Training and support
Cons
Ordering new uniform takes time
13 February 2020
Same role
Educator (Former Employee) - Central Coast NSW
Morning shifts are easygoing and relaxed, whereas after shifts are a little more busier as the children are energised. The job includes preparing meals, setting up activities and interacting and engaging with children while maintaining a safe atmosphere.
Pros
Hanging out with children
Cons
Short hours
17 February 2018
Same location
Senior Case Manager/Youth Worker (Former Employee) - Palmerston NT
Great manager who was open to suggestions and willing to listen. Made a lot of progress with such an open mind. A wonderful team to work with along with interesting clientele.
  1. Worst place I've worked