YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA

YMCA Employee Review

Ymca

working at the YMCA was really enjoyable, the kids were great, i had fun working with my co-workers. Sometimes just waking up really early was hard but I got use to it. I enjoyed going out and interacting with all the kids, playing all sorts of games.

Pros

kids were amazing

Cons

split shifts

Same role

Apply somewhere else .

Some policies make you feel belittled, not trusted to do the right thing, little recognition or none. Parents started leaving soon after YMCA took over so numbers dropped and staff received less hours. At interview you were made to feel there was opportunities for training or other job positions this was not evident to me after employment.

Pros

Can not think of any
Same role

Fun workplace

Working with Children to educate them on daily routines are consistent and constant. Time management is a key role to keeping the young ones happy whilst still enjoying a well planned day.

Pros

Worked 5hrs daily spent the rest of the afternoon helping and educating my own children.

Cons

Low earning income
Same roleSame location

Ymca

i enjoyed working with the kids, they were wonderful. The supervisor that I worked for was amazing, they were understanding and very helpful
  • YMCA