YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews in Brisbane QLD

Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.
Pros
Amazing staff to work with
Cons
Volunteer work- no pay
Productive and fun environment to be in. create lasting friendships and people skills. Typical day included prepping for students arrival, engaging in fun activities with kids and supervising
Due to medical issues I was treated unfairly by most of the staff. I worked myself so hard I was in hospital nightly because of it and I still got treated very unfairly
During my time as a youth worker, my role involved working with students of the YMCA peer mentor support program and guiding them throughout their studies. As a mentor I was assigned multiple students to support them and help guide and motivate them with regards to their studies and their desired careers outside of high school. From this, I was able to professionally improve on my ability to build rapport with students whilst gaining hands-on experience around working with young adolescents.
Best summer camps in the world, global activities providing youth generations a way of growing in a very positive way. Very good experience for everyone!
I enjoy working at the YMCA as a part time job while complete my studies. I enjoyed creating a fun and safe place for children to grow and learn. I have worked on my time management skills and responsibility for looking after large amounts of children.