YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews in Palmerston NT

Great manager who was open to suggestions and willing to listen. Made a lot of progress with such an open mind. A wonderful team to work with along with interesting clientele.
The most disorganised company I have ever worked in. Without going into too much detail; typical day at work consisted of all staff having no idea what they were supposed to be doing at any given time which constantly resulted in children being bored and restless. Management was an absolute joke, my colleagues and I were unknowingly having our pay docked for breaks that we were not given. I was being taxed 25% per pay when I only signed an agreement of 10% tax to be deducted. The only enjoyable part of the job was working with the wonderful children.
Really enjoyed it lovely people and the work space is great the kids there are nice and all the workers are there to help anyone in need. Caring people all around
I am quite new to the work force, I have been a youth worker trainee for only a month, it is hard for me to be given an opportunity considering my lack of work experience. All I have is commitment and dedication to improve my life style and start developing a career. I do one day hope I can start work and really prove myself as I know I will be a great asset to any company because I am reliable, responsible, good problem solver, punctual and a quick learner. The team I have previously worked within was a good and trust worthy team that has shown great leadership to me. My most exciting part of the day would have to be, being able to work independently and showing my skills I have learnt so far.
Pros
The opportunity to work and weekend work
Cons
The experience
Very short shifts and not many hours per week. Pay p/h was pretty good.Co-workers and management were friendly.
Pros
Free access to gym
Cons
Not enough hours
Work was alright the boss was pretty lazy didn't want to do much but sit back in the office and clean.I learnt that the 2IC was more of a boss and that she was the biggest asset to that company.The real manager isn't really much of an manager she is pretty rude.The co- workers are great easy to get along with.The hardest part is interacting with kids that don't even listen to you.You get to see the children and parents happy
Pros
you get to have afternoon tea with the kids
Cons
not enough hour and the pay isn't good