YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews for Assistant Accountant

I have undertaken tasks in daily cash flow management, debt collection, accounts payable and receivable. All the people there are senior staff. They have lots of experience that I can gain experience from them. Everyday was a challenge.
Pros
leant a lot
Cons
sometimes nothing to do
A typical day at work would be say hello to the team and see how everyone else is going and see what has happened before I came in. Check emails, sort through paperwork and comile a list of immediate jobs that need attending to. Set goals for the day. At the end of the day go through the list and evaluate what I have achieved. Working at the YMCA I learned the importance of team work. Working together as a team not only makes the job more enjoyable, but also creates a more efficient work environment enabling the team team to achieve the best outcome for the business. Manangement at the Y is very supportive to all employees at all levels. All managers have an open door policy and are all very approachable. They are always available to help out and provide direction and support. People choose to work at the Y because they are passionate about the companies values and the culture it presents. It is not the place to work if you want to 'get rich quick'. Working with people who love what they do creates a vibrant, proactive environment which rubs off onto the the customers who also come along to experience the fun energetic environment. The Hardest part of the job was probably the multi tasking required. Working in accounting, I was also required to perform the role of Duty Manager on occassions. This may have involved on certain days juggling between processing payroll, serving customers, covering lifeguards breaks and performing month end. Challenging, but also rewarding. The variety keeps the head clear and certainly makes the day go fast! The culture and team - more...
Pros
Team Culture
Cons
Multiple roles at the same time
  1. Assistant Accountant