YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews for Assistant Accountant in Melbourne VIC

Found 1 review matching the searchSee all 30,316 reviews

Fun and exciting organistaion to be part of with an inspirational

A typical day at work would be say hello to the team and see how everyone else is going and see what has happened before I came in. Check emails, sort through paperwork and comile a list of immediate jobs that need attending to. Set goals for the day. At the end of the day go through the list and evaluate what I have achieved. Working at the YMCA I learned the importance of team work. Working together as a team not only makes the job more enjoyable, but also creates a more efficient work environment enabling the team team to achieve the best outcome for the business. Manangement at the Y is very supportive to all employees at all levels. All managers have an open door policy and are all very approachable. They are always available to help out and provide direction and support. People choose to work at the Y because they are passionate about the companies values and the culture it presents. It is not the place to work if you want to 'get rich quick'. Working with people who love what they do creates a vibrant, proactive environment which rubs off onto the the customers who also come along to experience the fun energetic environment. The Hardest part of the job was probably the multi tasking required. Working in accounting, I was also required to perform the role of Duty Manager on occassions. This may have involved on certain days juggling between processing payroll, serving customers, covering lifeguards breaks and performing month end. Challenging, but also rewarding. The variety keeps the head clear and certainly makes the day go fast! The culture and team -

Pros

Team Culture

Cons

Multiple roles at the same time

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at YMCA?

• YMCA