YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews for Childcare Provider

I enjoyed working for YMCA there was a lot of activities to keep the children engaged especially the outings. The staff were very supportive and helpful. Training was available in areas important to children's well-being.
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
Hours vary according to ratios of Educators to children
Always wanting you to work extra hours for no pay. Or out of work hours for no pay to promote the YMCA. Not for profit. Not yours anyway. Staff very nasty and back stabbing. Tell lies to get you in trouble.
Due to medical issues I was treated unfairly by most of the staff. I worked myself so hard I was in hospital nightly because of it and I still got treated very unfairly
Ymca was one of the best childcare centers i have worked at the staff were well taken care of and trained to expectations. was well payed and the children's needs and supplies were always taken care of.
Good hours, well organised. lots of options for location to work due to it being at so many schools in the ACT. Fun job with co-workers that care about what they are doing.
Before school care, after school care and vacation care with the YMCA is a rewarding, fun and interesting job suited to anyone studying full or part-time. Duties include providing a safe and positive environment for children while running creative craft activities, active games and supportting children.
Pros
Participating in holiday activities eg. Rock climbing, going to the movies etc.
It was a brilliant place to work it was just a very dramatic environment, i was put in a room where i wasn't comfortable in (coworker didn't like me and made it known) wasn't allowed to change rooms. The Centre offered a lot of good resources and the times were great.
Since I have worked at YMCA I have enjoy it, Educators have been helping me learn the new rules and polices as this centre is completely different to my last centre. Learnt the different way on how they run the centre, as well as the different paper work. Management has been great and understanding, Ive been able to go into the office to ask questions and they have been helpful. Hardest part of the job is still not knowing all the policies where at my last centre I knew all of them basically off by heart but I know it will just take time. Enjoyable part is Staff are great and friendly as well as being very multicultural which I love, the families have been great to get to know.
Pros
Get relationships with Educators
A company that is very flexible with working hours, able to change and adapt based on your current timetable. A very young staff pool with lots of energy and relevant humour to boost the overall groups moral.
It's decent pay if you're a casual like i was, unfourtunantly i wasn't given enough time during the week to show my full potential as i was only rostered on once a fortnight. Lovely ladies to work with in the OSHC sector.
I enjoy working at the YMCA as a part time job while complete my studies. I enjoyed creating a fun and safe place for children to grow and learn. I have worked on my time management skills and responsibility for looking after large amounts of children.
A happy fun enjoyable work environment and getting to do activities of all kinds with the children and seeing them all happy 😊
Pros
Caring for the Children 😁
Cons
Toilet duties 🙁
Bad Director. Bullying and liar. Races and sneaky. Pushy and needy. Part from that, staffs are nice and parents are nice too. Good resources and nice environment
love to work this company i Worked as volunteer child care educator in YMCA Child Care centre.Managed general housekeeping duties, including feeding, diapering, resting, and cleanup.Supervised circle time, free play, outside play and learning and developmental activities.if i would like to send my i would happy to send .staff is very caring..
Start early, finish late. Learned new things every day from the different children I would come into contact with. Loved all the coordinators and other staff. Being stern with the children when they did wrong. Everything else.
I love working with the other educators all friendly and create a positive team environment. The children are very clever which makes working with them challenging as I am not use to working with 7-12 year olds but still very rewarding.
Working with the YMCA, I was only there on work experience and would have liked to be there more but i was not there for the job but for workplace experience.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Long Hours
I am starting a Certificate of Education Support - Integration Aide/Teacher Aid course in February 2015, through Monash University.
Pros
Get to work with children, who I absolutely adore.
Cons
Only casual, would enjoy more hours if possible.
I would never work for them again they where rude and don't care about there staff or children they care for
the hardest part of the job is crying babies the most enjoyable part of the job is when I'm able to help them feel comfortable to stop crying .My co-workers are all lovely and most helpful
Pros
enjoy working
Cons
Hours to short
  1. Childcare Provider