YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews for Daycare Teacher

I gained many valuable skills during my time at the YMCA. I built solid relationships with co-workers, and was assisted whenever necessary. I also learnt a lot of methods of dealing with challenging behaviours, and how to build a good rapport with students.
I enjoyed work but management was all over the place. Getting a straight answer was difficult. Lots of power struggles. Center director was on a mission to get rid of staff that were persevered to be loyal to other coordinators.
YMCA is the best place to work and gave myself learning through YMCA culture and YMCA has many benefits such as gym, pools and also many other benefits.
Pros
free GYM
Good teamwork, entertaining children - no day was ever the same. However, lack of support from higher up and lack of understanding of duties of ground-level workers
My day sometimes looks like this. I arrive at 615, give children breakfast, ensure oldest child gets on bus at 8am for school. Baby needs a sleep at this point, once he is asleep I do painting or craft with 4 yr old. Baby wakes up, we have morning tea then we go for a walk to the beach or park to play. Then we have lunch and everybody lies down for a sleep for an hour or more. I read and have my break. Then we have afternoon tea, sometimes as a tea party on the floor. Then we play outside playing whatever imagination game the 4 year old wants to play, usually mums and dads or doctors. Then sometimes their mum comes back about 430 and I go back to my house to recover a bit before going out again to help lead youth group.
Pros
can sleep in afternoon if I am tired
Cons
early start