YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Employee Reviews for Lifeguard

very nice place to work a and be around, very friendly staff that treated me well and loved my time there as an Employee. Would highly recommend this job
YMCA NSW is a super fun and friendly group of people. Everyone is always super nice and willing to lend a hand and help out in any way possible. The workplace itself is a very supportive, stimulating and motivating environment.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Repetitive
I learned of many responsibilities at just how important it is to maintain the safety of both inside and outside swimming areas. However, the staff and co-workers are kind and hard workers. It was an experience worth having to learn.
Pros
Free ice cream was given on hot days
Cons
Can be boring
I enjoyed working with YMCA Splash. Every day was different and my co-workers were extremely friendly and always up for a laugh.
Pros
Healthy salary
Cons
Inconsistent work
because this pool was opened after the black Saturday fires for the community to use , I felt privileged to work there and have daily contact with these amazing people.
Great opportunity to learn more about another culture.Organize young people to enjoy themselves in a safe manner is a worthwhile goal. Life guard work was rewarding as well as the concentration required was tiring.
Pros
enjoyed working in the leisure industry
Cons
early mornings late night..full on commitment