YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Job Security & Advancement reviews

Australia171 reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance
3.4Job Security & Advancement

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,441 reviews

Amazing company, keeping you proactive and responsive

Working at YMCA opened up opportunities for me to learn basic skills such as patience, responsibility, problem solving, communication etc. By learning these skills I am able to apply them in different areas of jobs. I enjoyed going to work as there was an amazing atmosphere.

Pros

Amazing staff to work with

Cons

Volunteer work- no pay

Rewarding

An organisation doing incredible work in the community. A career where you will see the impact of your hard work and dedication. Great operational staff culture.

Pretty good work

It's decent pay if you're a casual like i was, unfourtunantly i wasn't given enough time during the week to show my full potential as i was only rostered on once a fortnight. Lovely ladies to work with in the OSHC sector.

Lots of contract and volunteer workers

There were a lot of contract and volunteer workers for the YMCA WA when I worked for them on a project. They were in the process of improving how they engage with contract an volunteer workers to make them feel more of an employee. Not much in the way of advancement for employees though.

wonderful place to work

wonderful place to work, you learn lots of new and amazing skills, you work with a lot of amazing people, the manager is an amazing person to work for

good.

it was a very good place to do work experience i learnt quite a lot to be honest i got to work with the little kids and that was a really fun experience because i love kids a lot.

Pros

always got free lung

Cons

had long hours but never longer then 6-7 hours but i loved it.

a learning cerve

working with children is a beneficial experience with a lot of learning and self development, a stressful environment but overall the children and the experiences help you grow and learn as a person

Pros

learning

Cons

most things

challenging and rewarding workplace

I am quite new to the work force, I have been a youth worker trainee for only a month, it is hard for me to be given an opportunity considering my lack of work experience. All I have is commitment and dedication to improve my life style and start developing a career. I do one day hope I can start work and really prove myself as I know I will be a great asset to any company because I am reliable, responsible, good problem solver, punctual and a quick learner. The team I have previously worked within was a good and trust worthy team that has shown great leadership to me. My most exciting part of the day would have to be, being able to work independently and showing my skills I have learnt so far.

Pros

The opportunity to work and weekend work

Cons

The experience

Work Experience

Again Did work experience for YMCA. Its good place to work because I got to work in different area. kinder, gym, life guard, gymnastic.

Working Overseas YMCA

Great opportunity to learn more about another culture.Organize young people to enjoy themselves in a safe manner is a worthwhile goal. Life guard work was rewarding as well as the concentration required was tiring.

Pros

enjoyed working in the leisure industry

Cons

early mornings late night..full on commitment

Jobs at YMCA