YMCA logo
YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Management reviews

Australia171 reviews

Clear
4.0Work–Life Balance

Found 45 reviews matching the searchSee all 30,441 reviews

Terrific Employer

I’m pleased to be working at the Y: the management and rostering team are sharp and compassionate and always interested in how they can do things better/feedback. As a casual, I receive regular shifts and great support in my work.

Pros

Training and support

Cons

Ordering new uniform takes time

typical day of work

Worked with 5-12 year olds providing meals and activities. Provided care and support for those students who needed it. however there was no management support

Great

Never had an issue with YMCA. Simple and great management and environment. I would gladly work for YMCA again just as long as I can find more working hours in towards the city (Melbourne).

Pros

Easy

Cons

Not enough hours

Fun and Enjoyable workplace

I enjoy working at the YMCA as a part time job while complete my studies. I enjoyed creating a fun and safe place for children to grow and learn. I have worked on my time management skills and responsibility for looking after large amounts of children.

Fun workplace

Working with Children to educate them on daily routines are consistent and constant. Time management is a key role to keeping the young ones happy whilst still enjoying a well planned day.

Pros

Worked 5hrs daily spent the rest of the afternoon helping and educating my own children.

Cons

Low earning income

Patrons make your day

Even a short shift for eg: 3 hours can seem longer. Management was confusing and communication was not good. The different sectors ie: gym, frontline, management etc were seperated communication wise.Communication and lack of recognition, good or bad was never in place. The patrons and fellow life guards were the most enjoyable part of the job and taking care of patrons needs and the team environment between life guards only.

Pros

Patrons and job satisfaction

Cons

The heated pool environment and the emotional toll from management

fun and friendly environment

always meeting new people in a friendly environment,management was fairly well organized, but overall a great place to work.

Ok

Bad Director. Bullying and liar. Races and sneaky. Pushy and needy. Part from that, staffs are nice and parents are nice too. Good resources and nice environment

Fun workplace

People are happy to work here. Fun environment, friendly management make it easier and enjoyable to work here. The only pons might be the payment rates which are comperatable low but not too bad.

Pros

Easy going work culture

Cons

Comparable low hourly rates

fun place to work

fun place, great management, wonderful co workers, happy fun caring members, staff. Hardest part of the job is leaving on time.

Jobs at YMCA

See more jobs

Happy times

I loved working for YMCA. A typical day in my field of work was to say hello to the receptionist, grab all the first aid gear, head out to the park, set up, radio in to reception and enjoy the weather and the people using the park. I learnt how to connect with all different types of people whether they're minors or older. Management was carried out well and productively. My co-workers were always really nice. There were no hard parts of the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is too hard to say, the whole job was too good to be true!

Enjoyable workplace and excellent staff

I enjoyed 99% of my shifts with the YMCA. The staff were amazing, and the work was always enjoyable. Management was very understanding and easy to get along with and work beside. Co-workers were always friendly and happy, making the job easy and enjoyable. Every day presented a new and enjoyable challenge. Even on hard days, the shifts seemed easy to complete. I worked hard and was able to see the results of my labour, and was always commended by management. Something that was rare in my previous workforce. But commendations were given across the board when needed, not just to me. I really enjoyed working there.

Pros

Staff

Cons

Weather

Workplace

Not what job I was expecting to do in life being a cleaner. The management don't listen to their workers when they report something. The hours are too long and I can't do cover shifts as people don't cover shifts for me

Cons

not enough time for a break

stadium co-ordinater trainee

the most enjoyable part in my job was being able to work with amazing people and learning new things and working with nice lovely people . hardest part was understanding the different departments that the ymca had. i learnt how to deal with the different cultures. management was easy to work with, they were fun , listened well to their employees a typical day at work was come in and catch the days schedule, sweep the courts, clean the toilets, set courts up for the schools, do the player qual , sweep courts , set up for basketball.

Pros

long lunch breaks

Cons

long hours, travels

Fun work place with natural resources.

A good place to work with educational leaders who are very supportive, good management and good relationship with the co-workers.

Pros

Good and friendly environment.

Cons

N/a

Working in YMCA SA

I have undertaken tasks in daily cash flow management, debt collection, accounts payable and receivable. All the people there are senior staff. They have lots of experience that I can gain experience from them. Everyday was a challenge.

Pros

leant a lot

Cons

sometimes nothing to do

Being around fit inspirational people

fun that people smile when they are improving Good management Friendly Fun and willing to help There is no hard parts to this job Going to work

Pros

Being aroun fit healthy people

Cons

Getting out of the water on cold days

Mediocre workplace

I found the after school care program a fantastic program to work for, providing your management and other staff know what they are doing.

ok

I would never work for them again they where rude and don't care about there staff or children they care for

YMCA was a great place to work with flexible hours to suit our needs and a great opportunity for upskilling.

I learnt Accounts Payable / Receivable and Facility management during my time with YMCA. I enjoy the work I do and I enjoy the team I work with. The hardest part of this job was being told that my position is about to become redundant.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Long drive to and from home

productive and fun workplace

A great workplace with wonderful management team. providing care and education for children aged 4 months - 6 years.
  • YMCA