YMCA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YMCA Pay & Benefits reviews

Friendly managers and employees. Multicultural workplace. Good benefits. Good place to learn new skills. Like to help staff members. No opportunity for career growth
Always wanting you to work extra hours for no pay. Or out of work hours for no pay to promote the YMCA. Not for profit. Not yours anyway. Staff very nasty and back stabbing. Tell lies to get you in trouble.
YMCA is the best place to work and gave myself learning through YMCA culture and YMCA has many benefits such as gym, pools and also many other benefits.
Pros
free GYM
Never had an issue with YMCA. Simple and great management and environment. I would gladly work for YMCA again just as long as I can find more working hours in towards the city (Melbourne).
Pros
Easy
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to show people health benefits Learnt to help people achieve their fitness goals. Friendly atmosphere Enjoyable part was to talk to people.
Pros
Motivating atmosphere
Cons
it was a very good place to do work experience i learnt quite a lot to be honest i got to work with the little kids and that was a really fun experience because i love kids a lot.
Pros
always got free lung
Cons
had long hours but never longer then 6-7 hours but i loved it.
People are happy to work here. Fun environment, friendly management make it easier and enjoyable to work here. The only pons might be the payment rates which are comperatable low but not too bad.
Pros
Easy going work culture
Cons
Comparable low hourly rates
lots of learning hard wok, lots of manual labour, which is great great location next togymnastics facility pool areas are great but the facility can become lost
Working at YMCA was great but there was no stability there so I have to find something else with more stability as everyone has got bills to pay and without a stable job its abit hard to keep up with bills
Pros
The workers are great
Cons
long hours and sometimes you feel not appreciated for the work you do.
I worked at the YMCA for about 2 to 3 years, enjoyed working met nice people and new friends along the way, good pay and good hours etc
Working with the YMCA, I was only there on work experience and would have liked to be there more but i was not there for the job but for workplace experience.
Pros
Free luches
Cons
Long Hours
I enjoyed working with YMCA Splash. Every day was different and my co-workers were extremely friendly and always up for a laugh.
Pros
Healthy salary
Cons
Inconsistent work
I learnt Accounts Payable / Receivable and Facility management during my time with YMCA. I enjoy the work I do and I enjoy the team I work with. The hardest part of this job was being told that my position is about to become redundant.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long drive to and from home
we where there to do shut down work,accomadation and meals where supplied,once the shut down was complete we where flown back to our home point of hire .
Pros
meals and accomadation
Cons
Very short shifts and not many hours per week. Pay p/h was pretty good.Co-workers and management were friendly.
Pros
Free access to gym
Cons
Not enough hours