Yooralla
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Yooralla Employee Reviews

If you point out their shortcomings, such as understaffing or lack of untrained casual staff they’ll hunt you until you’re done. So just be the lackey they want.
Pros
The residents and front line staff are great to work with.
Cons
Work is available but based on who the manger and senior employees like. There is exclusion if you do not break into the core group of long term employees.
its been a wonderful organisation and i would gladly recommend anyone looking for a job. The people are supportive and management can be relatively approachable.
Great team to work with and the company have put in place many great thing to help the worker and the client , and a lot of training in place regardless of your knowledge.
supportive employer. Supportive management and customers.Very flexible and accommodating to employee needs.Team spirit is encouraged and overall a good organisation
Rampart bullying occurs, the parents of clients bully the support workers to an excess and management do nothing about it and dont support the workers
Pros
It was a pro when my shift finished
Cons
The organisation culture is toxic
Great place to work if you enjoy assisting and empowering people with disabilities, all work collegues know their job and we work well together. On site the main managment is supportive but unfortionatly my manager was not so much and was discouraging to work there due to work politics. I got happy from knowing that i have done the best i could possible for the people with disabilities and clients. I had a client write me a letter telling me i changed her life for the positive.
Pros
work with beautiful clients
Cons
micro manager and work politics had no flexibility
loved working here - hands down the best team and work environment I've had the pleasure to be apart of. all the regulars that work there are open minded and very welcoming. I was comfortable here yet busy.
Pros
flexible and well paced
Cons
Only did 120 hours of work placement, enjoyed every bit of my working with disabled people. Great team work, and good management. All staff are very supportive and kind.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Yooralla?
great place to work at professional fun great staff great rates lots of opportunities to develop your exixting skills further plenty of work to suit all hours
My experience at Yooralla was very rewarding with supporting the clients through various programs to encourage greater independence and achieve their goals.
Pros
location
Cons
n/a
Yooralla has such a great work environment with great employees. I have always felt able to grow and be supported in using my skills to do well at my job.
Pros
Being out doing recreational activities
I learnt more on complex behaviour and how handle them in the community. Understand the different communication style. Co-workers are very friendly and easy to work as a team.
No one day is the same. you could be working in the north and then the south. at the end of the day you know you have made a difference in someone's life. that's the best part.
Pros
meet different people
Cons
nothing
Great place to work, all work collegues know their job and we work well together. On site managment is very supportive. Every day presents new challenges as would be expected of working with people with disablilites. I get my sadisfaction from knowing that i have done the best i can possible for the people i care for.
Pros
20 minute drive from home
Cons
long hours on a 24hour shift
A typical day at work going to client's place and providing service as directed by mangement that included; 1. Assisting client at home with personal care, medication, cooking light meals, 2. Taking clients to doctors, shopping or intertment venues e.g. cinema, bowling, I learned that everybody need to enjoy life and to be respected. Communication with my co-workers was very important in order to provide consistant best care for our clients. The hardest part of the job; Sometime it was very emotional especially when dealling with clients with severe dissabilities and pains. The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a smile on client's face.
Pros
flexiable work hours
Cons
dealing with difficult client or their carers.
Worked for them for over 10 years, experienced a culture of bullying by management. Casual workers were frowned upon. A culture of smokers verses non smokers.
Pros
Making clients happy.
Cons
Low pay, long hours. Incompetent pay office.
One shift is every two weeks ,one on one with a Down Syndrome client. The other shift is with three men whom I take Bowling every 2 weeks.
Pros
mileage from using own vehicle
picking clients up from day services taking them to there residential home in Brookfield , doing personal care feeding medication and taking them to bed
Work sheets with instruction on what was required to repair, modify or manufacture Learnt the intricate equipment for the dis-able clients and the purpose Management had been there for a long time and had people they trusted. I didn't appreciate management trying to get me to work under an unqualified contract cleaner. Co-worker eager for quality work and the safety of the clients The hardest part of the job was been interrupted by the cleaner. The most enjoyable part was working with the Physio-Therapist and the clients
A typical day is assisting the clients with daily activities such as Meal assistance and toileting. Taking them out into the community and teaching them to make a meaningful contribution. The management is very supportive and willing to listen to their staff and suggestions. My co-workers are also friendly and supportive. The hardest part of the job is understanding what some of the clients are trying to say. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smile on the clients faces when I have helped them either make a decision or a contribution to the community.