Yooralla

24: Yooralla Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews

3.8Work–Life Balance

Very political and sometimes unfair

If you point out their shortcomings, such as understaffing or lack of untrained casual staff they’ll hunt you until you’re done. So just be the lackey they want.

Pros

The residents and front line staff are great to work with.

Below par management

Actual work is great. Management and culture is toxic. No opportunity to progress within company unless you are part of the clique within management. Career change is best suggestion

Pros

Some nice work colleagues

Cons

Management is deceitful, untrustworthy, best described as a boy's club

Toxic upper management who don't care about the staff

It's an easy company to progress and receive higher pay.A lot of learning opportunities - loved it! A lot of politics and workplace bullying.Staff isn't being cared for, run dows, exhausted, underpaid.Not enough full-time staff per shift.Staff's physical safety is often compromised.

Pros

Met lovely customers and some amazing colleagues, A lot of extra hours available if you are willing to work more

Cons

Long hours, sometimes 3-4 days in a row without lunch breaks, Understaffed, Not getting paid enough for such a stressful and sometimes dangerous job

Satisfactory

Work is available but based on who the manger and senior employees like. There is exclusion if you do not break into the core group of long term employees.

Nice

its been a wonderful organisation and i would gladly recommend anyone looking for a job. The people are supportive and management can be relatively approachable.

Good place to with great team

Great team to work with and the company have put in place many great thing to help the worker and the client , and a lot of training in place regardless of your knowledge.

good organisation

supportive employer. Supportive management and customers.Very flexible and accommodating to employee needs.Team spirit is encouraged and overall a good organisation

I would never work for Yooralla again

Rampart bullying occurs, the parents of clients bully the support workers to an excess and management do nothing about it and dont support the workers

Pros

It was a pro when my shift finished

Cons

The organisation culture is toxic

Yoralla Work Placement student

Great place to work if you enjoy assisting and empowering people with disabilities, all work collegues know their job and we work well together. On site the main managment is supportive but unfortionatly my manager was not so much and was discouraging to work there due to work politics. I got happy from knowing that i have done the best i could possible for the people with disabilities and clients. I had a client write me a letter telling me i changed her life for the positive.

Pros

work with beautiful clients

Cons

micro manager and work politics had no flexibility

"heart of gold" work team environment

loved working here - hands down the best team and work environment I've had the pleasure to be apart of. all the regulars that work there are open minded and very welcoming. I was comfortable here yet busy.

Pros

flexible and well paced

Great team work

Only did 120 hours of work placement, enjoyed every bit of my working with disabled people. Great team work, and good management. All staff are very supportive and kind.

great place

great place to work at professional fun great staff great rates lots of opportunities to develop your exixting skills further plenty of work to suit all hours

Great organization and people

My experience at Yooralla was very rewarding with supporting the clients through various programs to encourage greater independence and achieve their goals.

Pros

location

Cons

n/a

Supportive environment that fosters growth!

Yooralla has such a great work environment with great employees. I have always felt able to grow and be supported in using my skills to do well at my job.

Pros

Being out doing recreational activities

It is a good place to begin the carrier.

I learnt more on complex behaviour and how handle them in the community. Understand the different communication style. Co-workers are very friendly and easy to work as a team.

as a disability worker

No one day is the same. you could be working in the north and then the south. at the end of the day you know you have made a difference in someone's life. that's the best part.

Pros

meet different people

Cons

nothing

Enjoyable and satifying job.

Great place to work, all work collegues know their job and we work well together. On site managment is very supportive. Every day presents new challenges as would be expected of working with people with disablilites. I get my sadisfaction from knowing that i have done the best i can possible for the people i care for.

Pros

20 minute drive from home

Cons

long hours on a 24hour shift

flexible work hours

A typical day at work going to client's place and providing service as directed by mangement that included; 1. Assisting client at home with personal care, medication, cooking light meals, 2. Taking clients to doctors, shopping or intertment venues e.g. cinema, bowling, I learned that everybody need to enjoy life and to be respected. Communication with my co-workers was very important in order to provide consistant best care for our clients. The hardest part of the job; Sometime it was very emotional especially when dealling with clients with severe dissabilities and pains. The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a smile on client's face.

Pros

flexiable work hours

Cons

dealing with difficult client or their carers.

Same jobs day after day. Bullying management. Low pay, long hours, tedious duties.

Worked for them for over 10 years, experienced a culture of bullying by management. Casual workers were frowned upon. A culture of smokers verses non smokers.

Pros

Making clients happy.

Cons

Low pay, long hours. Incompetent pay office.

ib am in a casual role and do two shifts with Yooralla. Two as Activity Support worker

One shift is every two weeks ,one on one with a Down Syndrome client. The other shift is with three men whom I take Bowling every 2 weeks.

Pros

mileage from using own vehicle

working as a team

picking clients up from day services taking them to there residential home in Brookfield , doing personal care feeding medication and taking them to bed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Yooralla. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Yooralla with

Learn about Yooralla in popular locations

• Yooralla