YOU Recruitment Employee Reviews

Fake Company
I was offered a job (Former Employee) –  Bondi NSW23 April 2019
This company is run by a Cowboy who thinks he has it made but all the head of this fake company is, is a scammer of peoples time, they aren't offering you a Job they are trying to con young people into working for nothing what a joke. I cant believe the Australian GOVERNMENT ALLOWS THIS TYPE OF COMPANY TO CONTINUE.
Terrible Recruitment techniques
N/A (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2019
I submitted an application to the recruiter via Indeed, there was no contact at all with YOU Recruitment and my details (name, email and phone number) were submitted to a company called APEX who sent me a meeting request via email. I responded to the email asking a few questions such as, what is the role? can you send me a job description? etc, and received no response. I turned up to the ‘meeting’ where I met with another 6 people who had also been presumably tricked and received a group interview for the ability to work for NGO’s within the streets, door to door sales or shopping centres.

I have no issue with charity work, however I do have an issue with how YOU RECRUITMENT operate. I am certain that based on my search results I would have applied based on a very vague JD and take advantage of putting people in front of companies they have no idea they are meeting with. Horrendous business plan!

I have no problem with the company they are recruiting for (APEX) although you must question the reason why large charities are subcontracting to other companies to gather a work force and said company are also hiring a recruiter, how much is actually going to the people in need, yet also the issue of how much a worker is actually being paid as a ‘Sales Rep’.

Would not recommend what’s so ever
Pros
Cons
Entire process and business plan
Terrible Pay
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA27 March 2019
Getting paid a base for working 8 hours and only earning commission if you make sales. Having to be out in the sun for 8 hours and you might not even make a sale.
Pros
Cons
Terrible work conditions
False Advertising, Inconsistent Pay
Door to door sales (Former Employee) –  Perth WA18 March 2019
Lies Lies and more Lies.

I was sucked into this mess when as I was desperately looking for employment.
The description of the job is complete false advertising and misleading used to lure in people desperately seeking employment.
None of the things written on the Advertisement are true to what the actual job is.

You Recruitment will lead you to a company called "Simply Energy" A gas retailer company competing with "Alinta" and other gas retailers on who can provide the cheaper gas bills.
Whilst the intention of the company are legitimate and has helped a lot of people save money, this isn't the job you want for yourself if you're in dire need of money.

The job is Door to Door sales with no retention fees, your pay is commission based from the day you start, $60 per Sale you are able to make, which sounds good when they sell this idea to you, but it is not worth in the long run. Within my 3 weeks working there, I was only able to make a total of 16 sales, in which you think it would equate to a total of $960 dollars, but a chunk of your money is deducted in Tax, Liability Insurance; since the job turns you into a contractor and ridiculous weekly fees for you to rent their iPads.

I can safely say, all in all after all these fees were deducted from my final pay, the total amount of money I made out of this job was less than $500 in 3 weeks of employment.
And keep in mind, this is still commission based, so it's not guaranteed that you'll even earn that much.

This is a trap, used to lure in young job-seekers desperately looking for work.
Do not fall for it, unless
  more... you enjoy waking up incredibly early, walking 8 hours a day (Including Saturdays) under a hot Australian sun, with little to no breaks and one of the most obnoxious and time consuming sign up processes I've ever seen in my life.
You're better off finding a job that pays you $25 p/h or so on, at least you're guaranteed to receive what you're promised and superannuation, which is another thing that comes out of your own pocket, not theirs.

The only positive thing about this job is the community, because there some really great and kind people working for the company, but that's really the only thing it's got going for it.

But that doesn't pay the bills, Money does and if it's money you're looking for, you're certainly not going to find a lot of it here.

Unless you're a god at making sales and if that's your case, go right ahead.
Pros
A good community of people
Cons
Inconsistent Pay, False Advertising, Horrible Hours
Pretty much a scam
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA5 March 2019
The only people on these jobs atm are door to door low guaranteed pay job

I fell for it and was utterly mentally and verbally abused as well and pushed to my limets in dangerous heat.

Don't apply for these jobs.
Pros
no pros
Cons
Long, tedieous, scam and metally damaging
Very misleading
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA5 March 2019
It is basically door to door sales and pay is based on commission only so if you get no sales and worked for more than 6 hours straight, you get no pay even if you put in all the effort required. Requires a lot of effort with no output if low amount of sales are made during the week. Training is very unorganised as I wasn't even told properly how to do proceed with a sale if a customer is satisfied.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Terrible pay, hot weather, unorganised and misleading
Amazing experience
Fundraiser (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 February 2019
An absolutely incredible experience! So sad to leave people I can now call my friend. Learnt a lot of sales skills and techniques and also raised a lot of money for charity!!

If you work hard and have a personality then you will also earn a lot of money which I’ve used to save for my next stop in the US 😍

Will definitely return once I’m back in aus.
Free road trips where amazing because I was backpacking I didn’t have to pay for my hostel whilst on them. Also got to see a lot of Australia which working along side my friends and even went SKY DIVING for an incentive my team hit!

When I’m back I aim to work hard and progress to team manager so I can turn this into a career! Even offered sponsorship! May never go back to England 😂😂
Pros
Road trips, weekly team nights, incentives, uncapped bonuses, banter
Cons
Very hot in Australia!
Great learning curve!
B2B Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Queensland22 January 2019
I learnt so much sales techniques with this company, it really was a good learning curve for me. This job really boosts your confidence and customer service skills and mentally challenges you as a person, definitely not ideal for the faint hearted.

Everyone is really supportive and friendly with great humour. You get to go on work roadtrips which are awesome. However, I personally think it’s not a long term job as it is B2B sales.
Pros
Learn a lot, roadtrips, and fun workers.
Cons
Walking in the heat. Pay could be more for the hard work that it is.
Sales representative
Sales representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW3 December 2018
I was emailed to attend appointment with recruitment agent. I had no previous sales experience what so ever, however, my past customer service experience paid me off and got me to a training. After that I've been promoted and successfully continuing working.
I come in to the office each morning to have morning training with team and then head out to carry work. Each day is different, and challenging in different day. I really enjoy doing what I do and working with amazing leaders around me.
Pros
Fun Fridays, Prizes, Team nights, weekly pay, bonuses, road trips
Extremely grateful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 September 2018
What started off as a little experiment for me turned out to be a very successful venture. I came across this opportunity by chance and gave it a shot just cuz I wanted to improve my communication and sales skill. I received all the essential training for the job. They have a very supportive administrative and management team. Road trips and fun Fridays have been the best!!The hardest part of the job was the heat in the summer but the incentives (food n beer!!)definitely made the job worth it.
Fun work environment with plenty of opportunity
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD18 September 2018
The recruitment process is efficient and fair, the team at the office are fun and very welcoming. A typical day consists of workshops in the morning, a very effective way of picking up new skills, then heading out to field for the rest of the day.

There is always different incentives and bonuses up for grabs which gives a good sense of competition between the team and there are always openings for management so job progression is very accessible. People who work hard are well rewarded for it and you feel valued as a team member.
Pretty decent place to work for
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD17 September 2018
If you want an entry level sales job would definitely recommend. They teach you all the basic skills on how to close a sale. The culture of the company is wicked, easy way to make friends
Pros
Great insensitives
Cons
Pay isn't the greatest
Good pay! Good fun!
Marketing contractor (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD17 September 2018
Never did sales before but glad I gave it a go! Much better pay and hours compared to hospitality! And a great team to be a part of! Opportunities to travel Aus with the company too and its all paid for!
Pros
Money
Great people, Great company
Promotions Role (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW17 September 2018
The appointment and selection procedure is fast and professional. I was placed into work the same week. The people I worked with were excellent, fun and professional.

This was a great experience and I would recommend it highly.
Pros
People, professional, fun work
Unprofessional
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD12 September 2018
My friend and I had a group interview/brief information session booked with this company on Tuesday 11th of September 2018. We were accompanied by at least 15 other people, and no one from the business turned up. No email, sms or any form of notification or explanation. We waited for 1.5 hrs and no one turned up. I had sent an email and have not received an explanation or even an apology.

VERY unprofessional!
Pros
Cons
Wasted our time.
Misleading
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Surfers Paradise QLD11 September 2018
Its door-knocking selling energy. Terrible pay ($60 a day for 8 hour days). If you work for them read all their contract's fine print as I didn't and was never paid for 4 full days of work due to a loophole in their pay system.
Cons
Long hours, terrible pay, misleading description
Recommend
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Redfern NSW11 September 2018
I’ve started with no experience in sales. It’s my 3rd week and I am doing sales. I am lucky to work around so many professionals where I can learn new things everyday.
Pros
Good salady, flexible hours
Poor organisation and communication
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Maroochydore QLD10 September 2018
Arrived with 20 others to the meeting/ information day only to be sat still waiting 2 hours later. No email stating cancellation or reschedule, nothing. Very unhappy.
Flexible hours, fun environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 August 2018
I joined team about a month ago and couldn't be happier. Every week is different, hours are flexible, great money, I get to travel to other states, have supporting team who helps to improve sales skills daily.
Pros
Good money; learning everyday; weekly salary