Youfoodz

22: Youfoodz Employee Reviews

Australia22 reviews

3.2Work–Life Balance

Decent Workplace

At the snacks department. Very fun and hard working bunch of people, a good multicultural environment. department management were very respectful and easy to work for. Corporate is pretty alienating, I could feel the class divide quite strongly. the work is dull and can be physically demanding at times.

I work here lmao

It’s actually so horrible working here, you have 0 hours and everyone is extremely rude please I wouldn’t bother save yourselves the stress. It’s so gross there and legit you get 0 training no one helps you and once you’re in, you get very unappreciated.

Fast paced environment

Constantly getting told to hurry up & going from one line to the next. You have to look around to get the feel of it all so you can take it all in. And most of the current employees tell you where to go even though they might not be supervisors themselves. But it's a learning curve for me because I have just started working there myself.

Don't work here!

Worst place I've ever worked in my life. There is no support from anyone and if you're not one of the cool kids, you are constantly bullied.Unsafe place to work.

Bad company

The people there are rude shout at you constantly no training thrown in the deep end and expected to swim not allowed any breaks and if you ask to go to the rest room you better hurry up constantly harrased

Fast paced, lot of staff absenteeism that HR don’t deal with properly

A lot of good people but a lot of pressure to be fast and do everything properly. Training not the best for many jobs. Seems like HR are useless as a lot of people don’t turn up repeatedly or not for weeks at a time but for some reason they are not fired. Makes it hard for everyone else as when short staffed everyone else has to work harder. Typical food manufacturing with many unskilled workers who have poor English skills. Pay similar to other places but casuals shifts can change constantly with little notice.Pros are food vending machines selling meals at 40% off and staff discount when ordering. Cons are street parking only so can walk for 15 minutes to park and it’s not secure. Management seem stressed a lot and that flows down to workers feeling stressed as well.

Pros

Staff discount on food, flexible working hours

Cons

6 hours before a break. No secure parking, fast paced, roster changes

Not terrible

Pays decent but should pay more. Standing around for 6 hours in boots 3 sizes too big because they don't have enough of your size is pretty painful. Also screws your back up.

Pros

Good hours. Friendly staff

Cons

No breaks, very painful

Just here to read other reviews

Good place to work the pay is decent, work load can be a bit much at times...working in such a confined space can stressful. Most of the staff are super friendly.

Pros

Great staff Parties, excellent lunch room facilities, discounted meals

Cons

No on site parking, staff absenteeism, confined working enviroment

loved the atmosphere at Youfoodz, very diverse

the only downsides of my experience at Youfoodz is induction was very informal-it can be greatly difficult to hear one another and understand some of the staff. Had there been a more formal induction and shown where everything is and the how everything functions thoroughly, the transition would've been straight forward. The biggest issue for myself at Youfoodz though was the zero breaks-I keep very well hydrated, and to go without water for 6-7hours was the deal breaker. I experienced dehydration headaches every night about half way through a shift, could no longer cope after a few shifts. Had the company offered breaks after four hours (as they legally should), even just for 10 minutes, l would've definitely stuck around.

Pros

great work environment/diversity

Cons

zero breaks

Worst company I have ever worked for

Working for a start up company you would think the business would have a progressive and proactive approach. Instead picture 80's style management method with extreme levels of reactiveness, i.e. nothing gets done until someone complains about it. Communication levels between teams are non existent and people are constantly throwing each other under the bus. Senior management are either too busy patting each others backs or lack the back bone to address any issues with each other. Not to mention the ceo, who in most cases would show leadership, but instead the only thing he is leading; is his wallet. Culture wise, there's good and bad. But thick of neighbours or home and away at work. If you want to go back to highschool and find out which employee is sleeping with who, then it's the place to be.Overall, not the ideal workplace for me. This is my review, so take it as you may.

Awesome

Great place to work , Everyone was helpful on my first week . I love fast paced jobs so it was a perfect choice for me . I recommend this place to anyone.

Good place to work , good salary , good management

Working at youfoodz good, as long as Iam loyal to my work responsibilities, I enjoyed workin at youfoodz, always maintain safe work practices, hygienic place to work

Dead end

In my time working at youfoodz they didn’t pay my super for 10+ months (others for years), they cancel shifts with little to no warning before you’re already on your way to work, there is a lot of bullying and discrimination and management turns a blind eye. The work load for my specific role was absurd with unrealistic time frames (almost physically impossible and you end up going home feeling broken)

it is agood company with huge production.

i feel great in a great atmosphere at work. they have huge transportation facilities and shipping orders so that i can work full time with extra shifts avaibilities.

Pros

additional shifts

Cons

heavy work

Growth and support

Challenging and fun to work, first you might experience few challenges in similar role leading massive process workers and help them understand your role.

Pros

Diversity

Okay to work

Not ideal to work but you will love to work as young team Depends on which section in you working - few team care really good. Company is under development to commercialised

Pros

Young team - Parties and parties

Cons

Direction-less

Too much discrimination

Youfoodz is good company for earnings but in this company too much discrimination. They just look for approaches to approve a person for higher positions even those people will be dump . Company never see the capability which is required for higher positions.

Pros

Celebrate important days

Cons

No checks on capability

Nice lunch room

Hours constantly change, if you rock up to work on time you may need to wait up to an hour with unpaid hours. They don't provide correct PPE. A lot of food safety issues and fire hazards everywhere.

Pros

Decent Money

Cons

The higher ups don't care about much.

process workers

a typical day of work what you learner managerment the hardest part of the job the enjoyable part of the job Am job in youfoodz as a processs worker

Backstabbing

Was great for the first few months then people started to protect themselves by pointing blame at others. They have good parties 2 times a year where everything is free.

Pros

Xmas party

Cons

Unappreciated

Great work environment

Youfoodz is a great place to work although there is limited hours available at the moment and I am looking for a workplace that can give me a monday to friday job.

Cons

Long hours, only one day of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Youfoodz. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Youfoodz with

Learn about Youfoodz in popular locations

• Youfoodz
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?