Youi Insurance
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Youi Insurance Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
I miss working at youi because it was a good job, I got bullied and harassed relentlessly when I worked there. I feel robbed that the only option I felt I had was to quit. I was told to take my own life and took days off work to avoid the interactions. But the company is good and they do there best. It’s a shame I had to leave a job I saw as a career because I was harassed badly. I miss working there but I do not miss the bullying. but I do
Youi is a wonderful place to work. The culture and atmosphere makes going to work each day easy. You can move between departments to expand your knowledge for the company. As fun as it is, you definitely need a strong mindset to be successful as it can be mentally tough.
Unless you want to be mentally abused and told lies all the time or are so desperate for a job that you'd do anything...... DONT GO HERE. WORST CULTURE of a company I have ever worked for. Middle management lie and are corrupt.
damage vehicle assessment at specific panel shops client contact on the spot book vehicle in
liase with panel shop manager

follow through with repair process

lots of travel
Pros
company vehicle
Cons
I will forever love youi and the company values it had. I had no expierience coming into the role and I learnt so much. I truly don’t have a bad word to say I wish I was able to still be working there but unfortunately they only have the 1 hq and I’m now interstate
Great people to work with, supportive and cares about your wellbeing. Young workforce thriving with energy and enthusiasm. Hours are great. Plenty of secured parking. Fun company to work for. Can get stressful from time to time.
Values based organisation. Focus on staff well being and fun. Exception culture. Great work environment, alĺ new high tech facilities. 80 million dollar building with all the mods.
Pros
Great workplace
Cons
Rotating shirts
During my 5 years I have had just about as many roles and teams. Fellow workers are super friendly and passionate but the leadership is inexperienced, unapproachable and completely directionless.
Technology stances have varied from strict .Net, Xamarin and Azure through Javascript via Angular 1 - 6, passing by Python and, at last glance some form of VueJS with a promise of AWS. I have been told my team is being broken-up and a few days later told they're staying as-is and then a week or so later the team was dissolved. You will almost certainly end-up doing something other than what you were hired for and your career path is very unclear. No training is provided to IT staff; you have to sort that out yourself. The latter being more taxing as you simply can't tell what skills will be needed next.
Pros
Good work/life balance. Generous amount of leave. Great fellow workers.
Cons
No IT Training, Assigned Job Other than what you Signed-Up For, No Technical Direction, Averse to new ideas
What seems shiny and fun becomes a very poor culture when you actually need to raise serious issues. Opportunities exist if you're at the top or want t progress from the sales floor.
Pros
good physical fitness program
Cons
i would say failure to provide a mentally healthy workplace
Youi was an amazing company to work for being in customer services. I admired the companies efforts to ensure employees were happy in the workplace. Youi had amazing culture being on the Sunshine Coast it was a more relaxed environment. Hardest part of the job was the pressure from management to make sales when it was not in the job description and did not get praise for providing customer service as opposed to when we made a sale.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Pressure from management
Absolutely unqualified operations and team managers. I don't know how much gets to the CEO, but the issues need to be addressed. You are not allowed to ask questions or point our errors and any attempt to do so is quickly dismissed. Even after the royal commission, Youi is still finding ways to be leading to its customers.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU HAVE ANY MORALS.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
terrible managers and systems used there.
Phone calls and lots of them, daily targets and competitive environment, they push you to succeed but when you do its followed by a LOT of pressure to maintain it.
Pros
rewards and fun interactive team building activities
Cons
no job security
I interned with Youi for three months in a Business Analyst position. In this time I was mentored by, and worked with, so many incredible staff members with incredible skill sets in a kind and supportive environment.
What I have seen over the last 2 years is a lot of bad eggs being moved out of the company (including the ex CEO!), but also sadly some of the management too who actually tried to stand up to the corrupt money grabbing culture. It seemed to me the only people left in management are the dodgy ones (a few good ones for sure). HR do everything they can to bury things and the company lives behind fake values and an almost cult like money belief system. Just look at the issues they had in NZ and look at who is now running the sales and customer facing departments... the same people!
I left after flirting with the idea of management but seeing how haggard and stressed the Internet Managers were and the way they were treated I decided to leave and pursue my career elsewhere.

Fun parts were competitions and stuff, also lots of free food - but it is all like selling your soul to the devil.
Pros
Free food and competitions
Cons
Sell your soul and pretend you have ethics
I went in thinking I would be able to grow my career path. I was wrong. Was not allowed to present my opinions or experience. Really tried hard but eventually came to the realisation i wasn't the problem. I just didn't fit with their style and culture.
I was a Priority 1 Advisor in both the Sales Channel and the Spoecialised Retention Channel.
Performers are rewarded at higher than industry standards of remuneration.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pressure to 'sell'
Was a good place to work to start with then got money hungry and not care about their staff. A lot of dodgy stuff goes on in this company. Stay Away from them. Unless you want to end up in hospital like other people have. The pressure is unbearable.
Pros
Pros - the people that work there
Cons
Management and their money hungry ways
business profit and success are the highest priority not the staff themselves , if you make them money they will look after you . i mean it is a sales enviroment and with that you get people willing to push the boundries , when you have the classic pyrimid system of managment whipping the one bellow them to do better etc its no wonder the company has been under such scrutiny in regards to miss leading customers and being sued .
Pros
good money, prizes
Cons
bad values, fake atomospher, its all about the bottom line
Whilst the company treat their staff in head office very well, Youi sometimes are found to forget about their staff interstate.
great company shame management lets it down. no room for advancement unless you mix with the right circles of people.

lots of corrupt work practises in place
Pros
free exersise classes
Cons
management
Micromanaged, however if you can look past that and just get on with the job you will reap the rewards
good opportunities to move forward with the company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micromanaged