Youi Insurance Employee Reviews

Friendly Folk but Leadership Lacks Direction
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Sippy Downs QLD2 June 2019
During my 5 years I have had just about as many roles and teams. Fellow workers are super friendly and passionate but the leadership is inexperienced, unapproachable and completely directionless.
Technology stances have varied from strict .Net, Xamarin and Azure through Javascript via Angular 1 - 6, passing by Python and, at last glance some form of VueJS with a promise of AWS. I have been told my team is being broken-up and a few days later told they're staying as-is and then a week or so later the team was dissolved. You will almost certainly end-up doing something other than what you were hired for and your career path is very unclear. No training is provided to IT staff; you have to sort that out yourself. The latter being more taxing as you simply can't tell what skills will be needed next.
Pros
Good work/life balance. Generous amount of leave. Great fellow workers.
Cons
No IT Training, Assigned Job Other than what you Signed-Up For, No Technical Direction, Averse to new ideas
It's all fun and games 'til it's not.
n/a (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD18 May 2019
What seems shiny and fun becomes a very poor culture when you actually need to raise serious issues. Opportunities exist if you're at the top or want t progress from the sales floor.
Pros
good physical fitness program
Cons
i would say failure to provide a mentally healthy workplace
Fun place to work if you're a 'yes man' and like ripping people off
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD19 December 2018
Absolutely unqualified operations and team managers. I don't know how much gets to the CEO, but the issues need to be addressed. You are not allowed to ask questions or point our errors and any attempt to do so is quickly dismissed. Even after the royal commission, Youi is still finding ways to be leading to its customers.
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY IF YOU HAVE ANY MORALS.
Pros
Good co-workers
Cons
terrible managers and systems used there.
Good product, hairy delivery
Retention advisor (Former Employee) –  Birtinya QLD26 September 2018
Phone calls and lots of them, daily targets and competitive environment, they push you to succeed but when you do its followed by a LOT of pressure to maintain it.
Pros
rewards and fun interactive team building activities
Cons
no job security
Very accomodating management with amazingly friendly staff
Business Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Sippy Downs QLD29 July 2018
I interned with Youi for three months in a Business Analyst position. In this time I was mentored by, and worked with, so many incredible staff members with incredible skill sets in a kind and supportive environment.
If you have ethics this place isn't for you
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birtinya QLD18 April 2018
What I have seen over the last 2 years is a lot of bad eggs being moved out of the company (including the ex CEO!), but also sadly some of the management too who actually tried to stand up to the corrupt money grabbing culture. It seemed to me the only people left in management are the dodgy ones (a few good ones for sure). HR do everything they can to bury things and the company lives behind fake values and an almost cult like money belief system. Just look at the issues they had in NZ and look at who is now running the sales and customer facing departments... the same people!
I left after flirting with the idea of management but seeing how haggard and stressed the Internet Managers were and the way they were treated I decided to leave and pursue my career elsewhere.
Fun parts were competitions and stuff, also lots of free food - but it is all like selling your soul to the devil.
Pros
Free food and competitions
Cons
Sell your soul and pretend you have ethics
Bullied and Isolated
Risk Assessment (Former Employee) –  Brisbane8 March 2018
I went in thinking I would be able to grow my career path. I was wrong. Was not allowed to present my opinions or experience. Really tried hard but eventually came to the realisation i wasn't the problem. I just didn't fit with their style and culture.
Sales driven and focussed
Senior 'priority' 1 Specialist Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD15 October 2017
I was a Priority 1 Advisor in both the Sales Channel and the Spoecialised Retention Channel.
Performers are rewarded at higher than industry standards of remuneration.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pressure to 'sell'
It's like selling your soul to the devil
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD15 June 2017
Was a good place to work to start with then got money hungry and not care about their staff. A lot of dodgy stuff goes on in this company. Stay Away from them. Unless you want to end up in hospital like other people have. The pressure is unbearable.
Pros
Pros - the people that work there
Cons
Management and their money hungry ways
business profit and success are the highest priority
RETENTION ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD23 May 2017
business profit and success are the highest priority not the staff themselves , if you make them money they will look after you . i mean it is a sales enviroment and with that you get people willing to push the boundries , when you have the classic pyrimid system of managment whipping the one bellow them to do better etc its no wonder the company has been under such scrutiny in regards to miss leading customers and being sued .
Pros
good money, prizes
Cons
bad values, fake atomospher, its all about the bottom line
A very young company still learning
Home Assessor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC4 December 2016
Whilst the company treat their staff in head office very well, Youi sometimes are found to forget about their staff interstate.
youi
Internet Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast QLD19 October 2016
great company shame management lets it down. no room for advancement unless you mix with the right circles of people.

lots of corrupt work practises in place
Pros
free exersise classes
Cons
management
If you can sell you will earn great money
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lake Kawana, Sunshine Coast7 May 2016
Micromanaged, however if you can look past that and just get on with the job you will reap the rewards
good opportunities to move forward with the company
Pros
free lunches
Cons
micromanaged
Call Centre
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast9 November 2014
Call Centre work is certainly not for everyone and the structure of the commission based pay was sometimes difficult to understand, high pressure sales
Pros
Great team to work with
Cons
High pressure sales
Great culture, target driven
Sales Representative/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sunshine Coast, Queensland19 September 2014
Proactive company.
I very much enjoyed the sales environment; always pushing to achieve higher targets.
Most enjoyable part of my job was working as efficiently as possible to earn as much money as I could.

Hardest part of the job; not letting tough days get to you, to be able to 'reset' and increase your stats/sales and get your no.s back up the following day.

I learned alot about sales; buying signals, how to overcome objections, selling on emotion, uncovering a customer's 'real need', selling on value (not just price)

Management; majority of the management staff are brilliant, very happy to help, answer any questions or be willing to listen to my thoughts on how to tackle/approach an obstacle
Pros
People and getting paid based on performance
Cons
No overtime
Good Working Hours and Supportive Team
Client Care Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birtinya7 May 2013
I do not wish to comment on my current role. I do not feel that my personal opinion makes or breaks this workplace.
Pros
working only 1 weekend out of 4
Cons
PBS Salary Structure