YourTown
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

YourTown Employee Reviews

Australia10 reviews
I thoroughly enjoyed working for yourtown, due to the support, training and mentoring available to employees. My only reason for leaving is due to my position being made redundant and a similar position not being available at any of there other sites.
Self satisfaction in successful client outcomes.
Senior management well oiled in overseeing quality framework.

Sadly some middle management have slipped through the cracks and lack rapport in team/colleague communicative skills. But overall a satisfying and enjoyable journey.
Overall a friendly workplace in great locations and with pleasant customers, an enjoyable place to work. Management were also approachable, progressive and supportive.
Good environment, friendly staff, possibility for career if you prove yourself and that's what you desire. I have enjoyed my time with Yourtown, I get to help young kids with their numeracy and literacy skills, which are important skills to have.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
nil
Awesome organisation to work for. The organisations values are strong throughout.
There is a motto through yourtown that goes a happy employee makes for a happy and productive workplace.

Management show they care about their employees which reflect throughout the organisation.
A good workplace culture and good level entry position. It's a good place to learn and gain experience. The staff are friendly and my fellow workers are heaps of fun
I worked for this company for approximately 6 months. During my time I was bullied by a handful of employees on site, when I reported to upper level management I was treated poorly which subsequently led to me making a formal complaint and in the end I chose to resign. Company appears to have terrific values on the outside, however in the smaller branches I found the company values were dismissed in favour of bullying and standover tactics which were not addressed according to yourtown "values." Unrealistic targets. Focussed more on numbers rather than actually helping clients.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Everything else with he exception of 1 or 2 staff members
Working for yourtown was one of the best experiences I have had so far. I started with a traineeship in construction and landscaping. I learnt to : pave, tile, fence, measurements & calculations, gardening, power and hand tools, ect.
The management and staff were friendly and easy to get along with, my fellow work mates were all great people and that made the learning process easier
I had spent 3 months working for Yourtown as a Trainee in a
"Transition to work" style course, paid work experience, a few of the trainers were exceptional leaders and teachers, I learned a lot about the workforce in a short period of time because of their "hands on experience" way of teaching.

A typical day at work would consist of either excavating trenches to later lay concrete, setting up form work and reo, or pouring the concrete and finishing.

I learned some valuable skills such as the proper use of power tools, getting myself into a routine of waking up at 5 am every morning and general concreting knowledge.

my co-workers were all roughly in the same boat as myself, not much experience working but gave it a good go! one or two members had dropped out of the course but the ones who stayed worked hard and we completed our project.

The hardest part of the job was leaving with nowhere else to go.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the happy-go lucky family-like environment, even when working hard everyone was joking around and having a good time, it made the work go by like nothing.
Pros
Great Trainers
Cons
No Communication
Ask a question about working or interviewing at YourTown. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2