YourTown Employee Reviews

4.1Pay & Benefits
Awesome Organisation
Youth Worker (Current Employee) –  Mount Gravatt QLD10 June 2018
Awesome organisation to work for. The organisations values are strong throughout.
There is a motto through yourtown that goes a happy employee makes for a happy and productive workplace.
Management show they care about their employees which reflect throughout the organisation.
Productive and Enjoyable
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW10 August 2017
A good workplace culture and good level entry position. It's a good place to learn and gain experience. The staff are friendly and my fellow workers are heaps of fun
Negative environment
Recruitment Consultant (Former Employee) –  Devonport27 July 2017
I worked for this company for approximately 6 months. During my time I was bullied by a handful of employees on site, when I reported to upper level management I was treated poorly which subsequently led to me making a formal complaint and in the end I chose to resign. Company appears to have terrific values on the outside, however in the smaller branches I found the company values were dismissed in favour of bullying and standover tactics which were not addressed according to yourtown "values." Unrealistic targets. Focussed more on numbers rather than actually helping clients.
Pros
Good pay rate
Cons
Everything else with he exception of 1 or 2 staff members
Traineeship accomplished
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Beaudesert QLD7 November 2016
Working for yourtown was one of the best experiences I have had so far. I started with a traineeship in construction and landscaping. I learnt to : pave, tile, fence, measurements & calculations, gardening, power and hand tools, ect.
Really good and fun learning environment
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Jimboomba QLD4 November 2016
The management and staff were friendly and easy to get along with, my fellow work mates were all great people and that made the learning process easier
Great positive attitudes but a serious lack of communication throughout the workplace
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Kingston QLD1 November 2016
I had spent 3 months working for Yourtown as a Trainee in a
"Transition to work" style course, paid work experience, a few of the trainers were exceptional leaders and teachers, I learned a lot about the workforce in a short period of time because of their "hands on experience" way of teaching.

A typical day at work would consist of either excavating trenches to later lay concrete, setting up form work and reo, or pouring the concrete and finishing.

I learned some valuable skills such as the proper use of power tools, getting myself into a routine of waking up at 5 am every morning and general concreting knowledge.

my co-workers were all roughly in the same boat as myself, not much experience working but gave it a good go! one or two members had dropped out of the course but the ones who stayed worked hard and we completed our project.

The hardest part of the job was leaving with nowhere else to go.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the happy-go lucky family-like environment, even when working hard everyone was joking around and having a good time, it made the work go by like nothing.
Pros
Great Trainers
Cons
No Communication