Youthworks Employee Reviews

Exciting workplace
Associate (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD11 June 2019
It was my first job for the summer, great learning experience..Although it was not in the firld i want to pursue, i stoll enjoyed the experience. And i recommend it to all high school kids.
Pros
Good pay for my age at the time.
Cons
It was only two months long.
We had some fun
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VT5 June 2019
YouthWorks is a program for 18-24 year old adults for 3 months. we worked on carpentry skills and math. Gathered multiple certifications such as forklift, basic computer, serve safe, CPR/ first aid.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Too much class time
Good for young people
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD23 April 2019
YouthWorks is a good summer job program for youths in Baltimore. Definitely helps to keep them off the streets fortunately. I obviously dont reccommend youthworks for anyone over the age of 17
Fast Paced Environment
Shelter Advocate (Former Employee) –  Fargo, ND8 April 2019
Every day was different while working at YouthWorks. It was very fast paced and sometimes stressful. Interacting with the kids was the most rewarding part of the job. I learned a lot of skills while working in the shelter, such as how to complete intakes and discharges. The hardest part of the job was working overnight shifts.
It was a fun first experience.
Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD22 March 2019
A typical day at work was very busy. This was my first job and it taught me persistence, work ethic, and how to problem solve. Management and I got along well since I was there to learn. Therefore the culture was a positive one. Nevertheless, the hardest part of the job was learning to multi-task. However, the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I was working hard everyday.
Relaxed and high energy workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA4 March 2019
During my 2017 summer with youthworks, I worked at a child development center and it wasn't so bad. I got to work with kids and adults. Work days were spent helping kids learn and grow. I served as a part time employee to the main teacher in a classroom with 30 kids. Most enjoyable was the friendly environment and the professional and nice staff.
Pros
Relaxed
Always threatening to take your job
Crew Leader (Current Employee) –  Traverse City, MI21 February 2019
A couple people there constantly wanted to remind you that you could lose your job at any point even when you were doing good work. I would have clients tell me they loved my job and how good the crew was doing and yet get yelled at for not replying to an email quick enough. Favoritism a thing big time there. If you get in with the right person you can be awful at your job but still have job security
Being helpful understanding the work place.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD14 February 2019
Giving me a chance to learn different job skill.
I learn how to read and understand blueprint and
how to map out location for the contractor and verify it with my boss.
Summer Job
Summer Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD6 February 2019
I had fun learning at youth works. I would like to do it again. The days were easy, pretty relaxing where I worked at. My manager was pretty cooperative.
Easy
Junior Servant Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD22 January 2019
Great place, nice jobs, fair placement, fair pay. Couldnt really ask for more. I started there at 14 and the job experience has helped my applications look 10x better for other employers.
Pros
Best opportunity for starters
Cons
Selective program
Great skills with the kids
School Food Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD15 January 2019
When i go to work i feel great i have alot of energy in the morning. I learned how to buff floor and after u buff you have to take you shoes off. The hardest part of the job is when my coworkers don't do what they supposed to do we all have to stop and wait
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
20 min breaks, more working
Great Learning Experience
Attendant Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, ND4 December 2018
Staff willing to teach you anything you want to learn about the complexities of being in this field. Monthly meetings help staff cases and grow in understanding of outcomes for youth.
Great
Kids Club Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Queens, NY25 November 2018
The company offered great opportunities for all those who love God. Work here is pretty stressful but very rewarding if you don't care for money or are in a place where you don't have to worry about it.
The management was enjoyable and the kids there were a delight.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD28 September 2018
This was a great learning opportunity in my youth. The management was enjoyable and the kids there were a delight most of the time. Didn't have to work extremely long hours or anything.
Great start for inexperienced workers
Panera cook and janitor (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OH27 September 2018
This was an intern program where you were placed at a company for three to four months at a time. This was an ideal place to start when young to experience what kind of places fit your likings and also what you might not be interested in. You could see what you might like and focus more on an ideal career down the line.
Productive and face pace workplaces
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD22 September 2018
I recommend youthworks to nay youth that any not have anything to do. It prepares you for the real world work place but there is still some leniency. And the pay is great for youth.
Productive and positive place to work at
Associate (Former Employee) –  Paso Robles, CA15 September 2018
Very kind people. There are always tasks that need to be tended to and people always keep busy. There are advancement opportunities and you can build connections.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Short breaks
Very enjoyable summer and rewarding
Site Director (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MN27 August 2018
YouthWorks is a difficult but rewarding organization to work for. My days as a Site Director were filled with paperwork and meetings with community partners, housing partners, team members, and adult leaders. With all of this in mind, I also had fun with students, volunteered with many amazing service partners, and learned what it is like to serve respectfully and love authentically. The hardest part is living with strangers that will end up as friends or family but it gets some warming up. I have heard some teams do not click well and that happens, do not let that discourage you. It is a tough job, when you wake up to when you fall asleep you have to be "on" you go through many teachable moments and learn a lot about yourself for sure. If you do not have an amazing work ethic this job could be difficult. Early mornings and late nights is common but so worth it in the end. Although there is so much work, you also get to play and enjoy yourself more than you realize. If you look at every opportunity as a way to offer ministry, fun does present itself. I recommend you do a summer and improve yourself in ways never imaginable.
Pros
The ability to find amazing contacts for future careers, autonomy in work, fun in many opportunities, food, develop leadership
Cons
always "on", not many blocks of time for rest
Fun place to work
Ministry Support Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pawhuska, OK21 August 2018
Youthworks takes place during the summer, and it was a blast. The jobs they offered help you to increase your skill-set including communication and teamwork. The work is challenging, but you get to experience unique situations.
Fun, fast paced and never a dull moment
Caterer/Server (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NM13 August 2018
My time at Youthworks was full of interesting and new experiences. Working as a caterer for them was a mix of being a stocker as well as a sort of waiter, setting up equipment as well as picking up plates. The events I worked gave me the opportunity to meet many new and interesting people whom I would have never met in a day to day life. The staff is overall amazing and friendly with a somewhat laid back atmosphere.