Youthworks
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Youthworks Employee Reviews

The job was easy. Where I was, the tasks weren't hard. Some of the employees however, being teens, they were lazy and unprofessional at times. The manager was nice but was very stressed do to work things(I would suppose) and health issues. This make her to become unorganized at times. When tasks were given out they tended to get translated badly and hence thing that were to be done weren't done correctly, amongst other problems. Overall, in the end many tasks were completed to achieve our goal in the job.
Pros
Free lunch and good pay.
Cons
The lunch was gross and we didn't get our pay until the end of our session.
Great place to work - too bad COVID-19 hit and made it difficult to offer their model of service. Would be willing to return once things return to normal .
I personally was challenged and enjoyed it. It's a highly interactive job , hands on leadership and, great people. You learn so much about serving and HOW to serve.
YouthWorks is for anyone that is 14 years or older. They place you where you want to work. The jobs are pretty easy. You can go online and fill in the application and then you will get an email for your interview.
Since this was a temporary position, I was aware that we had one specific task to accomplish. There was plenty of work to do. Since I worked for Youthworks before, I knew what to expect. I enjoyed it ! The process was routine so I knew what to do and how to do it. I liked that. Variety of locations was OK. Usually the only problem involved finding someplace to park. The pay was fair.

Our instructions were understandable. We had adequate supplies and enough space to set up our work spaces.

Management was knowledgeable, so they could answer all our questions.
Pros
Always something to do. Time went by quickly.
Cons
weekend hours
It was more hands-on with work and brings the energy out of a person. The managers were helpful and fair. At then end of the job everybody learned something new of themselves.
Youthworks was very helpful with helping get good work experience that was in my interest. I loved working there and I hope to continue to work there for as long as I can.
The work wasn't the most exciting or life-changing, but its a good start for young people looking for experience and is a good way of giving back to your communities.
I worked within a church and helped run VBS and other events as well as doing construction work for several poor areas. A typical day at work is waking up knowing you will make a difference in someones life. we did several things for the needy as a volunteering program and they outreach to make people feel safe as well as get help.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Youthworks?
Working with children has taught me how to be patient and how to be creative and imaginative. Working with kids requires you to be engaged with them and keep their day busy and fun.
Pros
Interact with joyful and sweet kids
Cons
On your feet all day
A good company, especially for young teens during the summer. Easy commute to jobs. Reasonable hours, no weekends. Helpful employers and respectful employees
Youthworks equipped me with interview skills. A variety of job experiences and many new connections within the work field. The managers acted as a support system for the workers with a weekly meeting set up for checking in on employees. I was grateful for the experience.
It was exciting to work with new people because we got the job done quick without a problem and you get paid a lot to be a youth and you get paid every 2 weeks
A typical day had amazing experiences of leadership and overall growth. As an employee, you learn to lead and as a christian you grow in your faith. Our supervisors where trained to manage any situations with a great attitude and poise, always attentive to care for undervisor's well-being.
Youthworks reklam ajansında çalışma alanı güzel ve seviyeli.
It was a great job, I learned a lot. It was a starter job, I couldn’t wait to grow and learn from it and explains my horizons. A typical day at work was us doing manual labor, we helped paved trails and clean up beaches. We planted flowers and helped the environment. They taught us a lot about nature and everything. Management was very resourceful and we could depend on it
It was overall a good work environment good people the whole nine yards I liked the sights and the wildlife was wonderful with life the hardest parts was the work obviously
Cleaning and helping out with our community. That was the basis of our jobs as workers. Making connections with potential employers, neighbours. Purple prepares us to be the best type of employees for future managers.
The job was overall nice, good management, variety of diversity in the working environment. The time I worked there was long enough. I wouldn't work there again though.
i really liked working there. the culture was always positive. i would recommend this job for any young person trying to get into the working world. i
Very nice, no problems what so ever , Nice and easy, learned more about how to dress for an interview and how to speak and greet the interviewer, wasn’t any hard parts about the job.