Zambrero Employee Reviews

Fun work environment
Catering assisstant (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW4 July 2019
My time at the Oxford Zambrero was rememberable! Gay culture is supported with rainbow flags hanging around the store and lots of fun and bubbly personalities, both staff and customers.
It is mostly easy to swap your shifts around with other staff which is great for flexibility. I learnt a lot of responsibility as this is my first job I started working as an acting manager some shifts, dealing with the money, excel data, opening and closing store.. Many skills that will help me in my future job hunting!
I am close with all my coworkers and occasionally we go out for drinks, the whole staff when we all available to celebrate a birthday, Christmas.. I will miss my zamfam!
Pros
Free meals on shifts, hour breaks, flexibility
Cons
Long hours, occasional rude customers
Productive and fun
Causal crew member (Former Employee) –  Cannonvale QLD20 June 2019
Zambrero was a very enjoyable place to work staff and customers were amazing. Especially great place to work if you love burritos, and they are half price.
And for every burrito or bowl purchased a meal is donated to someone in need, when I left it was just over 30million meals donated.
Pros
Half price food, the great smell of walking into work.
Cons
Customers that didn’t know how to order.
Great team work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT22 May 2019
Although it was a great place to work the communication between owner and their workers were minimal, not all stores will be the same as they are all run by different people.
Would never work here again
Employee (Former Employee) –  Springwood QLD19 May 2019
Owners prioritised money over respect for their staff.

Relationship between the owners and staff was unprofessional, with the owners taking part in workplace gossip and playing favourites by giving extra work to some employees and none to others.

Replaced loyal employees without any remorse, for cheaper, younger staff and left them hanging without any explanation.

toxic atmosphere to work in.
Pros
Workmates are generally nice
Cons
I hope the owners have re-evaluated their priorities
Not the best place I have worked at.
Casual Team Member (Former Employee) –  Midland WA17 May 2019
Was very overwhelming and not that organised as a company. Standards were set very high in my first week working there. There was quite a lot of politics and drama within the workplace.
kitchen prep
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perth WA30 April 2019
The day usually begins with insuring all prep is completed to the standard needed as required before opening the store, doing this on a daily basis allows me to see what goes on behind the scenes and helps with time management as you're racing against the clock. The hardest part about my job that I've so far experienced is dealing with unmannered customers but having the eligibility to handle the situation quickly and professionally helps ensure customers in the room feel comfortable. Being apart of an organisation that gives back after every purchased meal and doing something that benefits those less fortunate is great and working with an amazing team.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
rude customers
Its not a bad job at all...
Supervisor/Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT24 April 2019
Look its an amazing job for people looking to work after school and on weekends, also for those new to the working environment that still want some level of challenge. Management is the only concern, they haven't hired a useful manager in over a year and are busily trying to manage everything themselves (franchisee and wife). They are very rude at times and have no real experience with management whatsoever, which shows and it effects the store very much. Getting shifts are hard because of the lack of supervising staff, as they tend to hire those of a younger age and little experience, so there isn't a real balance of experience at all. It's a shame because when I started 3 years ago, it was a much different environment, when we had real management and people working that weren't super young, but overall the pay is very decent for when you're still in school, and its very easy to get around 20 hours at least per week.
Really fun place to work at.
Team Member (Casual) (Current Employee) –  Burleigh Waters QLD16 April 2019
I’ve worked for Zambreros for a while now at the same store and thoroughly enjoy it. No, it isn’t a place that I am trying to work my way up in as I’m currently studying but they have always been worked well with me to ensure I got the hours I needed whilst also being very understanding that I study and have other commitments outside of work. The environment is fun and work honestly doesn’t feel like work. If you’re a people person than this a great job as you’re face to face with people all the time. The only let down is probably the fact that pretty much unless you’re a manager you’re a casual so no sick/holiday leave and lack of job security. Other than that would highly recommend working for Zambreros and especially for the owners that I currently work for.
Pros
Fun environment, good discounts on food and drinks, good work/life balance
Cons
Job security
Great workplace but poor management.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW10 April 2019
An average day at Zambreros was fantastic but there was very little support from higher up management. This made it difficult for any progression and development of the store.
Good workplace but bad hours.
CASUAL TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA8 April 2019
As a new employee, I was given many shifts but after a few months, I stopped receiving shifts at all. When I asked why I was told I didn't have 'enough experience' to recieve any shifts.
Fun place to work good environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Palmyra WA1 April 2019
Job includes
- food perpetration
- cleaning
- serving customers
- food safety
- counting till at the end of the night

I learnt very quick how everything worked which made my life easy as I wasn't stressing. It's a good place to work the girls are so lovely. There is no hard part to the job it is very easy going.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Cleaning at the end of the night
Great Place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biggera Waters QLD20 March 2019
Was a great place to work at, really enjoyed my time there, built some great skills. The management were great to work with, providing ample opportunities for promotion
Fun and engaging workplace
CASUAL TEAM MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW29 January 2019
Shifts are flexible to events and other commitments that you have.
The management team is very friendly and welcoming.
Not many rude customers in the area - managers are always at aid when customers become rowdy
easy going staff and an overall good workplace environment
casual employee (Current Employee) –  Buranda QLD14 January 2019
co- workers are easy to get on with. Easy going staff and an overall positive workplace environment. Zambrero Provides staff with many skills including customer service, food preparation and cleaning and dishwashing duties.
Fast-paced work environment
Food preparation and server, personal food guide (Former Employee) –  Oxenford QLD10 January 2019
I learned to be quick on my feet and how to meet the customers every need. I loved the actual work I was doing.

The management was spectacular and I never felt underappreciated.
Pros
Fast-paced, clean environment, discounts
Cons
10 hour shifts
Fun work environment
Casual worker (Current Employee) –  Thuringowa Central QLD22 December 2018
very fun working environment and zambrero, very well managed and very considerate of your life and will try their best to accommodate that. Work has many benefits and will give you great insight into the food industry.
Fun and friendly place to work
TEAM MEMBER casual (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA28 November 2018
Love working here, good staff, good food, great environment with a great cause behind their work. Effective management, procedures always followed and extensive, thorough training provide!
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
no cons
Management Were Not Nice
Kitchen Hand (Former Employee) –  Townsville17 November 2018
Very rude management, especially towards other customers, behind their backs. Barley any training. Was let go over the phone.
Was not a good place to work.
Productive Workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Perth WA6 November 2018
I think this job allowed me to gain good experience in working with food and under pressure as it was always quite busy, however I would like to work in retail.
Pros
20% off
Cons
Not enough shifts
Productive and fun workplace
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Ballarat VIC6 November 2018
Zambrero being a chain Mexican fast food restaurant is very fast paced. You always have to be on your toes and always achieving to reach goals towards the end of your shift. There is always something to do, whether that is cleaning, serving, prepping food or improving skills. It is a great environment for a first job.
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
Management can be a bit of a disappointment