Zambrero
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Zambrero Employee Reviews

Australia106 reviews
Making food, serving customers, wiping down tables, washing dishes, preheating and making food for preparation out the back. Served at the till so customers could pay.
Great culture
Very supportive

Zambrero invest in their people and it is very exclusive store culture

Extensive training and review system for both staff and management
Pros
Awesome culture great work environment
Cons
None really
a typical workday includes serving customers, preparing food, handling cash and cleaning the store. I've learnt more about customer service and how to work with others. management is good. the hardest part of the job is keeping on top of orders and those who are in the store. the most enjoyable part of Zambrero is the people and connections I've made.
I joined the Zambrero’s team at Flinders Uni from its opening date in 2018 and it was a fantastic first job. Such a friendly environment and always enjoyed work, the only down side to this store was parking. It often took at least an hour to find a park which you then had to pay for with was equivalent to an hours pay for me at the time. Would definitely recommend to anyone who is customer experience minded! Only reason I left was due to being offered a better work opportunity with another companyy. Would definitely go back in a heartbeat!
At this job, there were poor communication skills between workers and bosses. The rosters were messed around quite a lot as well as pays being late. There aren't many worker benefits either
Very strong staff relationships are built through the positive workplace culture driven by management, enjoyable days at work are frequent thanks to this.
Friendly staff and a relaxed environment. Always on your feet and everything was very fun to make. A lot of regular customers and the day always gets better as time goes
i genuinely would NEVER recommend working for zambrero to anyone especially the store i worked at. everyone was underpaid or never paid the correct amount, if you were under the age if 17-18 managers treated you like absolute dirt (i cant even count how many times i was abused,harassed, treated poorly), some workers were incredibly inappropriate , hygiene standards are an absolute low, manager literally wouldn't pay super to anyone (got in trouble with ato) i could go on and on this place is horrible the only part im grateful for are the friendships ive made and still have after not working there for ages.
work is dirt easy but not worth it even slightly worth it.

i worked there for 3 years and only got sick pay once and i was forced to work sick so many times

once i worked 50+ hours in a week open to close 4 days in a row because no one else wanted to work

i could literally go on forever about how awful this place is but basically dont work there
Working at zambrero is very easy. The recipes for burritos take a limited time to memorise and prep isnt difficult. Often there is less shifts rostered as only 1 or 2 people are there at a time which can make the job a bit boring during slow times and hard to build relationships with coworkers. The shifts are typically short such as 3-4 hours. This can be either a pro or con. For me it was a con as I felt I needed many more shifts to get a sufficient pay which just wasnt available to me.
Pros
Easy work, Food is good (50% off!)
Cons
Limited shifts, Short shifts
I had to take them to fair work Australia as they were paying me well below the award, rate in my contract and they tried to tell me and fair work Australia that my contract was wrong not my award. They were very dodgy on more levels than I care to mention.
A great, cruisy job. My old boss was blatantly corrupt and was truly awful to deal with, but the new management that came in when I was leaving were awesome.
Treated extremely poorly, managers make up for this poor treatment with light hearted banter. As soon as any authority figure (higher than the managers) are in the store, the friendliness completely evaporates. head office constantly on a power trip and are overly condescending. Toxic workplace with multiple cases of wage theft. Awful experience
Proud to have the opportunity to join the business when Zambrero was establishing it's brand in WA with the involvement of opening new stores. Working and helping franchise partners in ensuring that company's policies and procedures are being adhered to.
interview process lacks common curtesy, the managers don’t care about whether you feel confident with the skills they just throw you in the deep end. my boss was the most narcissistic person i’ve ever met, a total micromanager and threatened to fire you and replace you at every tiny mistake. i felt like i was disposable and didn’t feel valued at all. if you want to be disrespected this is the job for you.
Productive and fun if your working with the right people, I learned that not everybody in this working environment are social people or relaxed people to work around.
A great place to gain some basic customer service skills and experience. Well managed and very flexible working hours make it perfect to fit around a busy schedule with school or other jobs.
A typical day at work would usually be very stressful constantly working making all the ingredients mostly on your own.
I learned the importance of food safety.

the management is very poor. there isn't many friendly staff who take the time to make new team members feel welcomed. Unfortunately, mostly put others down.

Mostly caucasian culture not very spread out and diverse.

the hardest part is learning all the menu off by heart.

the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new skills like rolling a burrito.
The owners of my store were extremely disrespectful and had a superiority complex, never listened to their workers and we even got reviews from CUSTOMERS about the owners disrespecting their employees in front of them
Zambrero prides itself on their staff. The hiring process has a 'no idiot' rule which means that quality members of the community are encouraged to apply and will be rewarded with an enjoyable experience.
Made some great friends working here but had terrible management. I worked as a supervisor and we would be called in to work constantly/ abused and bullied if we couldn’t make it in when called two hours before the shift was starting. Very good hygiene processes/ good training and a nice hospitality job. Wages are good but I would not ever feel secure about a job here.
Most days are spent prepping food and serving customers. Team members mostly cut tomatoes, herbs and do dishes whilst also serving. Supervisors stay on top of prep levels etc etc. The job itself is actually great and I would do it a million times over if it wasn't for the atrocious management of Zambrero Aspley/Boondall.
There used to be a really great team across the stores and everyone got along and we were a happy group that worked well. Everyone genuinely loved coming to work and we all wanted to stay.

Eventually, the owner began to take her frustrations of the failing business out on staff and she revealed her true nature.

The owner is without a doubt the biggest challenge. She micro-manages the business but has no idea how to actually run a store. The staff are regularly scared to talk to her about time off or any problems they are having because they know it will be met with a harsh attitude. Several staff have quit or have been on the verge of quitting because of stressful working conditions at both this and the Boondall store. There is also no room for growth and several staff with excellent potential have left because of this. Some staff have also come in to work for free to help others because everyone is so scared of upsetting the owner.

The owner openly discriminates against some ethnicities, does not follow proper food safety policies, and waters down some foods to increase their length of use.

She has also developed a friendship with one staff member that will cause the entire business to collapse. Not a single negative thing can be said about this
 - more...