ZARA Employee Reviews

Found 35 reviews matching the search See all 4,903 reviews
Productive and Fun workplace
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW25 July 2019
- Ability to provide great customer service
- Well handling cash desk
- Experience in answering customer inquires
- Excellence in customer service skills
- Being happy to find the size of clothes for customers
- Paying attention to listening to customer’s comments
- Putting effort into teamwork
- Well coming staff and providing confident and knowledge advice
- Daily reporting to the retail manager
- Cleaning, tidying and carrying out stock rotation for the next day
The most disrespectful management
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Chadstone VIC1 April 2019
The most disrespectful management I have worked for to date. For a company that preaches about intolerance of workplace bullying, they do not apply those ethics in store. I have been bullied heavily twice. My mental health has deteriorated because of the inconsiderate management. The amount of shifts that are shared between Casuals are not shared fairly some have more than others which I do not understand why. The managers do not do anything other than walk in and out of the womans and mens store, and or are looking at a company Ipad doing god knows what. I was at zara for almost 8 months as a casual sales assistant and I didnt even receive the full uniform. Some employees of the Zara chadstone store in Melbourne also feel they have a sense of entitlement to treat you the way they want to treat you which isnt right. If you are looking to work in the fashion industry for a company that applies the rules of no work place bullying , Zara isnt the place for you. They lack respect for one another and they do not even try to understand where youre coming from and what you do everyday to get to work.
Pros
being trained
Cons
managers.
Don't work here!
SALES REPRESENTITIVE (Former Employee) –  Pitt Street NSW2 March 2019
No one trains you for anything. You've thrown in there and expected to fend for yourself - if you can't keep up, prepare to feel managements wrath. I don't know how I put up with this for 8 months. I read these sort of reviews before I started but ignored them. Don't. Every ZARA is the same worldwide.
Pros
Sunday rates were good (x1.5)
Cons
No benefits for casuals, job role asks for a lot more than described
Awful do not apply for this company
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 November 2018
Do not work for this company, honestly its the worst management you will ever get. They treat you like absolute rubbish. especially the one in ZARA HIGHPOINT. They choose their favourite staff members and if your not in that category, you get treated like absolute rubbish. The pay is ridiculous and I really hope that no one applies for the company as it is awful!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, awful company.
The only good thing was the other staff members.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 October 2018
Right off the bat working at ZARA is difficult because they give you next to no training and reprimand you if you don’t get tasks done that you don’t even know how to complete. The management at the QUEEN STREET store provide you with constant critiscism but no way to improve. No consideration is given to your personal life or commitments outside of work and you will be terminated if you don’t follow every single step given to you by management and jump through every hoop. If you’re hired by them don’t expect to be working in a position you want to be in for long, people are always leaving and there is always a gap they need to fill.
Pay was average, every shift was 9 hours long which was exhausting and they would make you finish at 9pm one night and start the next day at 8 am which I’m pretty sure is illegal.... all in all, the ONE redeeming factor was a few handpicked people that made it bearable. The literal WORST job I have ever had, hands down.
Cons
Awful management
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Sales Assistant, Inditex Group (Former Employee) –  Australia29 August 2018
Tuve unas compañeras que me ayudaron bastante ya que tenía dificultades con el idioma
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
Muchas horas de pié
Great first job in sydney
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bondi NSW26 August 2018
This is my first job in sydney and i learn a lot of new things here. I learn how to work in a fast pace situation and working a team. I mostly work on the stockroom and go to the shop floor to deliver product request. The reason why im looking for another job and leave this amazing job is because i dont want to work just for money and not following my goals and passion. I like fashion but i want to find a job that helps me to get better in the future,i want to find a sales marketing jobs which give me a sharper skills in closing deals with customers.
Pros
Learn how to work really fast and work as a team
Cons
not a job that supports my vision and goal
Worst treatment from managers EVER
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD15 July 2018
They work you like a dog and show zero gratitude or appreciation for the work that you do. The management at the Queen Street store are immature and pretentious. They expect too much from their employees.
worst staff management
Casual Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 July 2018
They did not provide any training and expect you to the job given to you immediately. Otherwise, they will fire you. Staff are okay but the general management of everything are not.
General Hand
Heavy lifting required
RF Scanning
Labeling
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney21 September 2017
As a manager at a Zara store you always have something to do. It was a true test of multi tasking, but it was worth it. I started off as a sales assistant and within three months I was promoted to leader, where I started my training in Visual Merchandising. It was a test to see if I had the creative flair, and with working hard and showing them what I could do, I was shortly promoted to visual merchandising manager within my store, and tasked with the training and development of my staff. Getting asked to go to different stores and participating in visual merchandising workshops was a great incentive for me to improve upon my skills, and it was a lot of fun brainstorming with other members of the team.
Would NOT Recommend
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD22 July 2017
Casual staff are expected to have full availability yet are given no shifts but expected to be 'on call.' Management do not respect anyone who is not full time staff. It is an extremely hostile environment and managers do not communicate with staff. Myself and other casual staff were not contacted for up to four months then expected to come in for a shift. Extremely poor work place. Terrible organisation.
Pros
Break times were respected
Cons
Everything else
Ambiente de trabajo con descuentos
vendedor y cajero (Former Employee) –  sydney australia20 June 2017
Es una excelente empresa para trabajar y para practicar el ingles, te enseña el servicio al cliente.
Pros
buen sueldo
Cons
no hay descansos
Love it
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Doncaster VIC20 March 2017
Great management team. Stock and manuals are very structured which helps keep order in the work place. Very close friends made in such a friendly environment.
Alright Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 February 2017
The workplace is great but the management of Zara is really bad.Lack of communication within the management team and it really reflects ontop the shop floor team members
Pros
Overall 2 hour breaks
Cons
management
The things I enjoy about Zara
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA19 February 2017
I appreciate working at Zara for various reasons. Firstly the people who work there are so positive and are the nicest people, has almost become a second family! Secondly, I really enjoy getting involved with the customer service and serving lots of different people.
Fast paced environment
Casual sales associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 December 2016
high traffic, fast paced environment. I have learnt a lot on inventory control. It was also a fun environment to work in, everyone was supportive of each other, and the company culture was great.
Pros
Company culture, enjoy fast paced working environment
Strict and professional workplace
Zara Senior Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Zara Malaysia, Sunway23 November 2016
Strict and professional workplace, but on the other hand colleague are friendly and teamwork at its best. Is very tiring but very fun to work. Every staffs are approachable and not arrogant. Well trained. Leaders are very efficient, as well as the manager are very good in managing men power. Stock room duties down to fitting room duties are very challenging so we have our own strategies.
Pros
Two days off
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 August 2016
Very fast paced work environment. Friendly and helpful team and supportive management. High pressure plagues the workplace from customers mainly.
Pros
Generous benefits
Cons
Demanding customers
very tiring and no life-work balance at all
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 July 2016
you work long hours with short break and the salary is the minimum wage , the managment would never consider ur personal circumstances and they the job culture is based on mass sales