ZARA
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

ZARA Employee Reviews

Australia47 reviews
In general terms Zara is a good place to work. There is constant training, and lots of support from management. Not many opportunities for marketing research professionals, but lots of opportunities in Sales.
Ambiente de trabajo muy competitivo y con mucha proyección para los empleados
Fast paced environment and stressful. No training provided at all. 2 years and I had never had a proper one. No benefits/discounts/perks for casual staff even if they have worked for the company long time. If you are casual do not expect many shifts if you do not become one of the managers' favorites. They just care about targets. Appalling management!!
Pros
Good salary for casual staff.
Cons
Not training at all. Not many promoting opportunities.
Zara has an excellent workplace culture, similar to a family. They will help you learn a lot and give you tasks and responsibilities suited to your strengths.
Working in Zara i gained lots of experience, however there isn't a huge opportunity for career progression. It was also difficult to maintain a personal life and work life as they had us on a rotating roster but did not consider wavering it even when it was put forward that it was becoming detrimental to my health. Working in Zara wasnt terrible but it is a place that should only be worked between uni and figuring out what you want to do in life
It was such a good opportunity overall, each day is different as it depends on the volume of incoming customers. There are busy hours/shifts and chill shifts.
Pros
Good breaks
Cons
short shifts
was a good place to work, I learn a lot of working in team and work in a big store. the environment of the place was good and you are able to learn a lot of things.
Good company can be quite stressful with management and strict guidelines to follow. Overall made fantastic friends from work colleagues. SALE can be very stressful but manageable with a good team.
The worst management ever! No empathy and kindness. I worked at Zara Chadstone (children department) for less than 1 month. The management is not friendly, does not train the new employee accordingly and is not willing to answer questions. Besides that, they expect you to be 100% available to work there (even as a casual), otherwise you won’t feel welcomed. Be prepared to get many last minutes calls.The shifts are 3-4 hours maximum and the worst time ever (7-10 am/7-10 pm). Only some casuals get better hours. I definitely do not recommend anybody that job. !
If you are hired as a causal there is next to no training.So you will feel like you are not equipped with adequate skills to be able to complete an assigned task. Main concerns lie with management. They are rude and do not have consideration for the employees. Casuals are taken advantage of by having their hours cut and shifts changed last minute.and at times wont enough notify you.you will be given lousy 3 hr shifts. at times have to come in for 7am starts and 10pm finishes. Many days they are understaffed so the workload can be alot.
Fast paced environment with a lot of management positions available. Hours are long but there are sufficient breaks. High turnover making it difficult at times to create a strong work culture.
- Ability to provide great customer service - Well handling cash desk - Experience in answering customer inquires - Excellence in customer service skills - Being happy to find the size of clothes for customers - Paying attention to listening to customer’s comments - Putting effort into teamwork - Well coming staff and providing confident and knowledge advice - Daily reporting to the retail manager - Cleaning, tidying and carrying out stock rotation for the next day
The most disrespectful management I have worked for to date. For a company that preaches about intolerance of workplace bullying, they do not apply those ethics in store. I have been bullied heavily twice. My mental health has deteriorated because of the inconsiderate management. The amount of shifts that are shared between Casuals are not shared fairly some have more than others which I do not understand why. The managers do not do anything other than walk in and out of the womans and mens store, and or are looking at a company Ipad doing god knows what. I was at zara for almost 8 months as a casual sales assistant and I didnt even receive the full uniform. Some employees of the Zara chadstone store in Melbourne also feel they have a sense of entitlement to treat you the way they want to treat you which isnt right. If you are looking to work in the fashion industry for a company that applies the rules of no work place bullying , Zara isnt the place for you. They lack respect for one another and they do not even try to understand where youre coming from and what you do everyday to get to work.
Pros
being trained
Cons
managers.
No one trains you for anything. You've thrown in there and expected to fend for yourself - if you can't keep up, prepare to feel managements wrath. I don't know how I put up with this for 8 months. I read these sort of reviews before I started but ignored them. Don't. Every ZARA is the same worldwide.
Pros
Sunday rates were good (x1.5)
Cons
No benefits for casuals, job role asks for a lot more than described
Some of the managers are not respectful at all and bully the new people. I've learned new thing at this store but there are more disadvantages to be honest( if you are not a full timer). The shifts aren't organized and they lie for their own benefit. I got hired after a group interview and I saw some people got hired from that interview with me. We were told this is a casual position but it turned out to be a Christmas casual and after 2 month they didn't even inform us in advance that we won't be getting any more shifts. They cut 4 people from the roster and after we called everyone, they emailed us saying that they don't need our help anymore! That was the worst management I've ever seen.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Do not work for this company, honestly its the worst management you will ever get. They treat you like absolute rubbish. especially the one in ZARA HIGHPOINT. They choose their favourite staff members and if your not in that category, you get treated like absolute rubbish. The pay is ridiculous and I really hope that no one applies for the company as it is awful!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, awful company.
Right off the bat working at ZARA is difficult because they give you next to no training and reprimand you if you don’t get tasks done that you don’t even know how to complete. The management at the QUEEN STREET store provide you with constant critiscism but no way to improve. No consideration is given to your personal life or commitments outside of work and you will be terminated if you don’t follow every single step given to you by management and jump through every hoop. If you’re hired by them don’t expect to be working in a position you want to be in for long, people are always leaving and there is always a gap they need to fill. Pay was average, every shift was 9 hours long which was exhausting and they would make you finish at 9pm one night and start the next day at 8 am which I’m pretty sure is illegal.... all in all, the ONE redeeming factor was a few handpicked people that made it bearable. The literal WORST job I have ever had, hands down.
Cons
Awful management
Tuve unas compañeras que me ayudaron bastante ya que tenía dificultades con el idioma
Pros
Buen salario
Cons
Muchas horas de pié
This is my first job in sydney and i learn a lot of new things here. I learn how to work in a fast pace situation and working a team. I mostly work on the stockroom and go to the shop floor to deliver product request. The reason why im looking for another job and leave this amazing job is because i dont want to work just for money and not following my goals and passion. I like fashion but i want to find a job that helps me to get better in the future,i want to find a sales marketing jobs which give me a sharper skills in closing deals with customers.
Pros
Learn how to work really fast and work as a team
Cons
not a job that supports my vision and goal
They work you like a dog and show zero gratitude or appreciation for the work that you do. The management at the Queen Street store are immature and pretentious. They expect too much from their employees.