Zinfra Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Zinfra Group Employee Reviews

Australia30 reviews
My experience working with Zinfra Group is awesome, my colleagues are kind and cooperative. The company policies and workplace heath and safety procedures are being followed. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Unexpected to work extra hours
My work was short term with Zinfra but I knew that when I was employed. It was a great place to work. I learnt a lot about the building of Transmission Lines
There were great people at Zinfra, but I think Zinfra was trying to be something it wasn't. I learned a lot about the construction industry and the overall electrical industry.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
very nice place to work even though i was only there on a temporary basis close to shops and now that the trains run through that area it would handy as parking is some what limited
When I first started with Zinfra , it was a bit difficult as the depot was new and was empty, so every worker had to work harder to get the depot set up and working in the field at the same time. But we enjoyed It and was a good experience for me.
There are a lot of helpful staff in the company. But some of the staff which I have met the first time could also be the last time as there are just too much staff turnover in this company.
Not a good experience. On boarding was done on the fly , no proper induction or clarity on reporting line. Position was temporary fill in although advertised as permanent. Used old probation period trick.
As a contracting business Zinfra carries too much baggage from the asset owner sister company and therefore the Utility mentality of vast part of business leaders (including the business owners) resists the necessary flexibility to operate as a successful contractor in an ever liquid market.
Perhaps it wishes to be a Tier 1 organisation, but operates as a Tier 2 or worse.
Pros
Pays well and allows good work/life balance
Cons
Poor lidership, lack of growth strategy and accountability
Good company... but no job stability ... you exert a lot of effort on a project but you are not assured of your future.we need more stable companies that can look after the future of their staff.when you ask your people to do multi tasking , that’s when error occurs.all aspects of the project must have the right people.dint expect someone to be an engineer, supervisor, aor a scheduler and a procurement officer at the same time. And all projects must have a dedicated full time HSEQ advisor.....
Pros
Team effort on projects
Cons
Lack supervisors....you end up multi tasking with the same pay
zinfra gas was great but shut down due to lack of work
They now have a large power construction pressance in melborne. I lived locally and loved the commute
Pros
Vehice
Cons
owned overseas
learned:
process inwards goods, delivery dockets and invoices

Inventory control and data entry

Proof reading of material requisitions

Identification of material stock locations
I don't recommend Zinfra as a place to work. Challenging culture and VERY high staff turnover. No clear direction. There are much better places to work than this company.
Pros
Unknown
Cons
Long hours. No clear direction. Entrenched culture of blame.
The people that work at Zinfra are easy to connect with and very caring. They are very friendly, and work well as a team to ensure the work is done will and safely.
Pros
Working with customers
Cons
Stuck in an office
enjoyed my time there and got to work with a great crew learn new tasks and partisipate in a world class project .The work conditions were chalanging bat the crew made it worth every minute .
Pros
made friends for life
Cons
Top heavy, management only looks after their own agenda.
Bulllying is not uncommon and senior manager's fail to do anything about it. they just turn a blind eye.

Lack of work-life balance.
Pros
Cons
Really bad Culture
I have found Zinfra to be a good company to work for. As a manager they have given me the tools to complete my role requirements with minimum fuss
Worked here for 10month and was worst decision I've made! Tier 3 at best and run by tier5 management, job losses constant while there, high staff turnover with low moral and the clowns running the circus keep making wrong decisions! Lost $7mil+ just on Leppington which was only a $19mil job! Shocking decisions made constantly
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Clueless managers blaming others
great company wish they had more work ,well planed outages , use of the finest equipment available ,good management skilled coworkers
Pros
good epuipment
Cons
no work at the moment
I worked for zinfra group back in 2012 for 5 mths thinking that i had a stable job but was i wrong they called a lot of people in the nsw state in the office and just layed us off.worst company i have ever worked for i wouldn't go back if they offered me 150k a yr
Pros
You do meet some great people
Cons
No job security at all and not very organized
I am friendly, approachable knowlageble person with great communication skills. I am also very adaptable to different environments. These characteristics mean that I work well in group situations. My career objective is to achieve excellence by continual self improvement, further career advancements and hard working.
Unfortunately due to the lack of culture at Zinfra and the huge turnaround of staff, Zinfra was not a great place to work. Too many systems and people not working as a team made for a difficult work experience.
Pros
Cons
Too many managers, blame culture, unrealistic time constraints