ZONE BOWLING Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW11 April 2018
AMF Bowling always carried an atmosphere of fun ad productiveness. Training was provided and opportunities were included to further the careers of employees.
not bad but not amazing
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 March 2018
a fun fast paced work environment. Lots of young team members though as party hosts so sometimes feels like you're trying to run a business while babysitting them and making sure they are working.
Higher management expects all admin, audits etc done even on a busy Saturday or when you have large functions on weeknights. Overtime is not paid either. Very little rewards to motivate team to meet targets which made the position very tough to deliver all budgets and goals. No paid meetings so getting staff to attend monthly non paid meetings is extremely difficult. Not a bad job despite the cons, the people were always fun to work with and you learn fast. Get the chance to internally promote a lot and work in other venues for a nice change.
Pros
People, atmosphere, busy
Cons
unrealistic budgets, expectations and not enough staff on
Great benefits....nothing else.
Venue Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 January 2018
Senior management team don’t deal with serious team issues.
A lot of bullying & harassment that was swept under the rug with those employees being rewarded and the victims forced out of the company.
Very little recognition for high performance, leaving you feeling over-worked, under-paid and under appreciated & eventually losing all passion for a role you once adored.
Pros
Great team discounts
Cons
Literally everything else.
Fun people and place.
Children's Party Host (Current Employee) –  Woodville SA20 December 2017
Pay could be better, the job comes with excellent benefits. Management could step up, however, they are nice people and easy to talk to. Although training is not thorough it is well received.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Short Hours
productive and fun workplace
Café Attendant and Party Host (Current Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD1 December 2017
i have enjoyed working for AMF bowling however ready to move onto bigger and better things with nursing. i have worked for the company for about 4 years and i feel it has been amazing
Pros
friendships, busy, on your feet, fast paced
Cons
nil
Fun work place
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA27 September 2017
Great workers
Always fun
Not enough hours but gets me by
Great manager
Hardest part of the job is prep as there is a lot to do for one person
Most enjoyable part of the job is being surrounded by amazing people and lovely customers
Pros
Free Pizza
Cons
Needing Longer hours
productive and fun work place
party host (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 September 2017
From working at AMF bowling i have gained many useful skills such as customer service, money handling, time management and great organisational skills.
Pros
discounts
Great environment,
Party host (Former Employee) –  Boronia VIC17 June 2017
Loved working at this centre. Hosted parties for children, catered food along with providing children with lost of fun and smiles. Made all children feel comfortable.
Pros
Great service
Cons
Not long enough hours
Low Pay Rates
Counter Staff (Current Employee) –  Perth WA24 April 2017
AMF is a great place to work at. Great Staff, a great venue, easy job. The worst part about it is the irregular hours and terrible pay rates. Its on the verge of being illegal. If I knew what I was signing up before the job I would have never signed up.
Pros
Discounts are alright
Cons
No hours, Illegal Pay rates
Great Job
PARTY HOST & GUEST SERVICES (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW11 April 2017
Very fun atmosphere, does get busy during school holiday periods. Team members are all bubbly and outgoing. Management are very professional and approachable if you have a problem.
Pros
good hours, great staff discounts, fun staff
Cons
not very good pay rate
fun workplace with many lovely team members
Part-Time Host (Current Employee) –  Castle Hill NSW4 April 2017
usually a busy day from opening till closing. We usually have about 3 parties on the hour every hour so it can get hectic at times. overall it is a great place to be and I enjoy every minute there.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
n/a
great fun place to bring the family
Customer Service cafe (Former Employee) –  Richlands QLD5 March 2017
I enjoyed my time at AMF, it is a good place to take family for a fun time together with bowling, game and food.
I learnt that I could work by myself and run the cafe when the cafe manager was not there, also how to do stocktake, ordering and running a function on my own as well as with others. I think the hardest part was sometimes when it was very busy we would also be under staffed and I enjoyed my seeing some of the bowlers weekly.
People are great
Cafe Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cannington WA7 February 2017
The people are fun, the job not so much. Short hours, not enough pay. Don't get appreciated for the work you've completed.
Overall not a fantastic place to work.
Fun Workplace
Party Host (Former Employee) –  Cannon Hill QLD20 January 2017
It was a fun environment to work within.
There was always jobs to be done within the workplace.
I developed a lot of skills that I took forward to my future jobs.
supportive team and fun working environment
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Illawarra NSW13 December 2016
A typical a day at work on the weekend is usually working on bookings for birthday parties or events. Working weekends involves cooking food for functions and also serving customers and making coffees. A weekday typically is prepping food, serving customers, making food/coffee and cleaning.

I learned how to work under pressure by myself, the responsibilities of opening and closing cafe and the importance of working as a team.

The management is amazing, if I have any shifts I cant work they will try their best to find someone to cover it and are super supportive. If I have any concerns there is no boundary to express myself.

The hardest part is working on your own when a usual quiet night becomes surprisingly busy but my team members will come to help if necessary.

The most enjoyable part is the fun competitions, awesome team members and just in general working.
Pros
$3 games
Cons
n/a
Decent workplace
Cafe Assistant (Current Employee) –  Blacktown NSW11 December 2016
Very unfair management however reasonable work with some free food like leftovers etc. a great chance to meet some good people and make friends and a nice working environment.
Pros
Staff benefits
Cons
Terrible management and treatment
Always a fun and exciting place
Service Cashier (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD27 November 2016
Having AMF Bowling as a workplace is definitely a bonus, it is a very fun, exciting and great place for both staff and guests. Great management and co-workers are always fantastic to work with.
fun working enviroment
Party Host (Current Employee) –  Cannington WA9 November 2016
AMF is a great place to work with great staff members. The party host role is fun because you get to work with kids and make their birthday parties enjoyable and fun.
Cons
short hours and low pay
Productive, fast-paced, tightly-scheduled, and fun
Party Host / Guest Services (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW15 October 2016
Being a party host for young children at AMF Bowling can be exhausting but the team at AMF create a fun and comfortable environment for each employee. Everyone is willing to work together to create the best possible experience for each costumer, though shifts aren't always equally divided between each Host. I learnt to handle young children with attention and care, as well as, how to follow a tight schedule, and to always plan ahead and expect the unexpected. This job requires workers to always check all their bases and to make sure that they're always prepared. The team treat each other like family, so it can be hard to fit in when you first arrive, but most workers are open and friendly.
Pros
Large discounts on food and games
Cons
Too short breaks and no employee bathroom
good co-workers, management have no idea
Staff (Former Employee) –  Mt Gravatt QLD19 July 2016
Management seem to have absolutely no idea about the fundamentals of bowling or treatment of staff. teaching you things ? not applicable at this company.
Pros
cheaper games, 1x free league
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ZONE BOWLING. Our community is ready to answer.