Zurich Insurance Group Employee Reviews

Zurich was a great place to work and had great people.
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL25 June 2019
I worked at ZIS from the time they were a 60 people operation, until they grew to over 500 employees, and then went through layoffs in 2008. It really was great a place to work doing IT related task.
Extremely Racist
Claims Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KS18 June 2019
If you are of color prepare to be watched micro managed and almost stalked by multiple people at the job and management. Pays people of color less than their coworkers that are not of color.Unpleasant work environment people do not speak to you and often stare. Diversity is not welcomed and they do not seem to care if you feel uncomfortable and unwelcome.
Pros
Summer hours
Cons
Too many to mention
discreto
apprendista subagente assicurativo (Former Employee) –  Atripalda, Campania26 March 2019
ho avuto la fortuna di poter essere seguito da un ottimo elemento dell'azienda
good environment of work
Procurement Manager (Former Employee) –  Spain11 March 2019
Good company to make a good career. Always learning, it was a very good experience.
Good structured company, every position has its own features and it is well described.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Extra hours of work
The people make the company
Commercial Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Johannesburg, Gauteng8 February 2019
I have not worked at Zurich Insurance Company for over two years. However ,my time spend at the company provided me with many opportunities.

Zurich Insurance Company was where I learned the most and met many interesting people who were willing to share their knowledge.
Pros
Interacting with new people
Cons
Long Hours
Beste Motivation/Teamarbeit und Erfolgschancen
Mitglied der Direktion , Head of Corporate Center (Former Employee) –  Zürich, ZH21 January 2019
Das Unternehmen mit der höchsten Identifikation, enorme Chancen auf Erfolg
Pros
Training
Cons
Intrigen
Daily work
Head of IT Service Architecture (Current Employee) –  são paulo, BR16 January 2019
a typical day at work, but looking for future,the management need to improve the comunication, at all, a good and inovative place to work, that's my view.
similar al de otras compañías aseguradoras
Gestión de suplementos de cartera (Former Employee) –  Barcelona, Barcelona provincia3 January 2019
El ambiente de trabajo era bueno, fue la primera empresa donde comencé en la trayectoria del sector seguros y la verdad es que aprendí mucho en cuanto al trato con compañeros, jefes, otros trabajadores del grupo...
Opportunités de développement
Stage au département de Suscription d'Entreprises (Former Employee) –  Barcelona19 December 2018
Les opportunités de développement internes sont très élevés et l'entreprise facilite la conciliation de la vie professionnel et la vie familial.
produktiver Arbeitsort
Kundenberaterin (Innendienst) (Former Employee) –  Krefeld, DE14 December 2018
täglicher Kundenkontakt, täglicher Umgang mit gängigen Computerprogrammen, angenehmer Arbeitsplatz, angenehme Arbeitsatmosphäre
Pros
Restaurant Pass
Cons
Befristeter Vertrag
Research
Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL9 December 2018
Started off as a data entry clerk then was promoted to research specialist worked hard everyday on that position answering builders questions letting them know what their rates were.
Pros
1 hour lunches even did luncheons for thier employees
competitive work place
Finance and Insurance Executive (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH30 November 2018
Day included soliciting dealers to join the Zurich family for Finance and Insurance profitability
Learned advanced computer skills
Hardest part of job - convincing dealerships to leave the manufacturers F&I products to sell universal underwriters
The location was on the southside of Jax.
Processing Assistant to a Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL8 November 2018
Zurich closed for business. The location was on the southside of Jax. Management was extremely cut-throat, dishonest, could not trust anything any of the managers communicated. Nit-picking.
A very casual, relaxed atmospheretowork in
Medical Management Treatment Plan Nurse-Workers (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL5 November 2018
The greatest aspect is working with Medical Directors,Nurses, Claims Professionals, Attorneyswho have workwd for Zurich 20 years or more. They offer an explicit amount of wisdom and mentoring in various fields. I have learned a great deal while working there. The best part of my job is working on a brand new Zurich Care Plus Treatment Plan Project. Working from the beginning of this highly intricate project makes every day so interesting. We are only 7 Nurses across the country plus our Manager who have been excited working to start, enhance, and propose the main directives of this project. With working with Nurses from other countries as well, we learn from each other on a daily basis.
Pros
New Project, small Nursing team, noted as experts in our field, conference calls with many departments and overseas, flex work from home 3 days/week and working at North America Headquarters
Cons
Vacation time is used interchangably and 2 weeks appears each year as not enough.
Desorganizada, lenta e estressante
Profissional da area de Tecnologia (Current Employee) –  São Paulo, SP1 November 2018
Empresa desorganizada, muita pressão e stress para os colaboradores da area de TI.

Muita falta de planejamento, empresa lenta para resolver problemas e muito burocratica.
Pros
Beneficios
Cons
Stress, falta de planejamento, pressão, lentidao
Non male per iniziare
Consulente assicurativo (Former Employee) –  Vicenza, Veneto1 October 2018
L'ambiente non è dei più sereni, ma la reputo un'ottima esperienza lavorativa
Not the place it was
Purchasing Manager (Former Employee) –  Fareham1 October 2018
I worked for Zurich for 13 years and experienced many changes over this time - not all for the best.
As with many large organisations, Zurich seemed (and still does) to go from one major restructure to another leaving staff feeling uneasy and insecure.
Their place within the UK insurance market has rapidly declined over the years and their constant drive to deliver to shareholders was at the expense of their staff.
It was getting to the point where as there was less to do the critical work the more was expected of those that remained.
Pros
Excellent salary
Cons
Constant disruption
Zurich is a fab and fun place to work, get to meet and greet people from different parts of the globe
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  City of London, Greater London30 September 2018
A typical day at work begins half an hour earlier before my shift begins as I prefer to get all the emails out of the way before the rush of checking in underwriter, brokers and other visitors, lots of room bookings, swapping cancelling and at times working miracles in getting that impossible room, making sure reception area is kept tidy, answering queries, taking booking for hospitality, ordering stationery, fixing equipments in meeting rooms, monitoring calls and sometime acting as security officer, chasing missing passes, making report of all overseas visitors, and any odhacduties, could be delivering hospitality or clearing meeting rooms,

I have learned that you have to remain professional, calm, efficient and polite at all times , treat everyone equally and represent the company to the highest level

Management are very warm, friendly, helpful,firm but fair. hard work is always rewarded.

The hardest part of the job would be dealing with some of the challenging visitors, not that its hard, but uncomfortable.

Satisfaction from a job well done, When you can assist someone in time of need, eg, needing a large meeting room at the last minute etc.

The most enjoyable aspect is meeting people from different background and to assist them, having that little chit chat with the regular visitors, having healthy relationship with colleagues and friends.
Pros
Metting and interacting with people on a daily basis, social aspect and freebies
Cons
Early Start, long and busy hours
Horrible Management. Good People
Sr. Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, IL25 September 2018
Worked in a data analyst department with a boss who did not encourage collaboration within the team. Would only accept analysis to be done "her way" and would not allow you to seek or prove alternate solutions. When I presented an innovative alternate solution that strayed from the norm, I was hammered on my review for being confrontational (even though I received praise from the other managers who benefited from the analysis and solution). Other employees who "played the game" were allowed to coast. When I voiced concerns and posted for another opportunity within Zurich, I was denied.
Lesson is, if you play the game well and suck up to the managers who have been there forever, you have a chance of succeeding. If you step outside of the box, then you will be punished.
I was hammered on my review and when I produced documents and emails from outside the department from the co-workers and managers who benefited from my efforts, they were ignored.
Good people, very bad management that likes to clean house every couple of years. They pay very well, but they have to in order to get people to work there.
Pros
Above market pay
Cons
Horrible management. Allergic to the truth. Will lie to your face.
Otimo ambiente de trabalho
Assistente em Viagens (Current Employee) –  Lisboa, Distrito de Lisboa22 September 2018
Ótimo ambiente de trabalho, pessoas organizadas, direção atenta aos detalhes, nos fornecerem material suficiente para um excelente trabalho.
Pros
Salarios acima da media.
Cons
Nenhuma.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Zurich Insurance Group. Our community is ready to answer.