Will provide an on hands experience of what it takes to operate a fitness facility
General Manager, Certified Personal Trainer (Current Employee) – Centreville, VA – 15 May 2016
- average 47 hours a week. Operating a small facility and staff. Important to be versatile and adaptable. Sales, personal training, administrative, facility cleanliness, developing a fun member culture
- skill set acquired; hiring and managing a small staff, developing and implementing a sales process for both membership and personal training, fielding customer service issues effectively, staying positive in negative situations.
- management requires you to be self-sufficient and does not provide much structure.
- important to have co-workers that are passionate about the industry, want to be a team player, and are looking for growth.
- high turnover industry. high demand on your time. Can be quite consuming and hard to balance other aspects of your life.
- co-workers and helping members make life changes. Opportunity to become incredibly versatile as a trainer, and have a more personable relationship with clients.
Flexibility to develop programs, and put in what you want to get out of time there
No full benefits, long hours, being versatile not always a great thing